Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you sell/trade for your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually been pretty entertaining watching modified WRX/STis wanna challenge me at stoplights. LOL - not today, not ever, much to their chagrin.

(edit - Yes, I'm aware that there are probably plenty of crazy-modified WRX/STis that are as quick or quicker given perfect conditions, but that doesn't matter anywhere other than a prepped drag strip....)
Mine was well modified making about 400 AWHP which is over 500 to the crank. With 245 width tires you could certainly get a good launch out of it. I recorded a 3.8s to 60 on a flat country road and that was slipping the launch, not dropping the clutch. Still it requires a lot of things to go right. I'd say most of the time you'll beat them effortlessly. The M3P requires no effort. Should be picking up mine in a week, I can't wait.

2019 Mini Cooper Countryman S. My lease payment and monthly fuel bill were more than what I pay to finance a 2021 red MDLR w/ 19" wheels. I had over a year left on my lease and I was going to be 5K to 10K miles over. Thankfully I was able to sell my car to Carvana and make $1,000.
DSCF6278-2.jpg

Reactions: Taxvictim
Honda guy here also. I sold my 96 Civic hatch with supercharged B18c, that I had for 20 years, to make room for the M3P.

That's awesome. I'm still holding on to 2 x RT4WD EF's. The sedan has a JRSC ZC, the wagon has an MPFI D16 swapped in from the factory twin carb 1.5. The sedan i've had since '06, the wagon i picked up about a year back with a blown motor.

50454961312_5c70c082e9_z.jpg

47342038531_18b26bb6e5_c.jpg

Reactions: jarvm
I sold my 2012 Audi A3 wagon in February for a 2014 BMW i3 with REx. It’s probably my favorite car I’ve ever owned, and the EV range has been enough for my daily needs (we have an ICE for trips). I was really bummed to hear this summer that BMW has discontinued the i3 here in the US. They’ve got a super loyal group of i3 owners, but they’ve chosen to abandon the platform rather than investing to update a really unique and quirky little car to compete with modern EVs.

Anyway, I plugged my VIN into Carvana’s site out of curiosity a few months back and was stunned to receive an offer for $5k more than I paid for it. I immediately ordered a Model 3 SR+ lol. Looks like I’ll be taking delivery early January. Meanwhile I got an updated quote from Carvana, and they‘re picking up my i3 next week for $6k more than I paid! Hard decision emotionally, but a financial no brainer!

2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige. I do miss the heated steering wheel, cooled seats, extended thigh support, and integrated rear window shades for the kiddos though.

I'm presently driving a 2017 A4 Prestige, and seriously considering the M3LR. I'm worried about buyers remorse, though. I'm really particular about rattles and squeaks, and my car is perfectly silent right now. As far as features, I can do without the HUD, but thinking I'm going to miss the ventilated seats and CarPlay.

Any further thoughts (regrets?) moving on from the Audi?

I just sold my 2019 Tesla SR with 14,334 miles. I was funded Tuesday and the car is still in my garage waiting for a transposer to pick it up.

What did I buy: Monday I ordered a 2022 model 3 Performance

I know it's only been 5 days since I ordered but it feels like 5 months

Reactions: SteelClouds
I bought my Audi A3 with 29000 miles on it NY Day in 2020. I put 14K miles in the 1.5 years since. I paid 13,500 for it since nobody in Santa Monica wanted the Scuba Blue ( which I loved). It had been on the dealer lot for almost 9 months. Had the 25K service, new brakes and a new battery when I got it. I traded it for my 2019 M3 Standard Plus with white interior. Got 19K for it at the dealer. Got a reasonable price on the Tesla then another check because they sold it as extended range and I being the novice Tesla owner didnt catch it at the dealer. I sent them an email two days later saying the contract says it's a extended range but it was a Standard Plus verified by Tesla when they transferred ownership. So the dealer cut me a check no questions asked to put that to bed :) I picked up a 1K rebate from CA and a 2K rebate from CARB. It pays to hunt for rebates even on the used Teslas

I'm presently driving a 2017 A4 Prestige, and seriously considering the M3LR. I'm worried about buyers remorse, though. I'm really particular about rattles and squeaks, and my car is perfectly silent right now. As far as features, I can do without the HUD, but thinking I'm going to miss the ventilated seats and CarPlay.
My Audi was an 2016 A3. Loved the car. To be clear, the Audi is more refined than the Tesla hands down even with their funky dial for the interface. Great brake feel, Great steering and road feel. However, the 2019 M3 I got is a kick a** ball to drive. I wish I had a small dash pod but I've gotten used to the iPad screen. The car is a bit rough on the road compared to the Audi BUT it drives like it's on rails even at high speed whereas the Audi would soften up and get too squishy under high Gs. No squeaks or rattles in the M3 but it does have a "tinny" sound when the doors shut, the trunk shutting and so on. Thats part of the "refinement" I mentioned compared to the Audi. I dont care much about CarPlay.. didnt like it much and still dont. And I'm an Apple fan boy to a degree :) The back leather in the Audi was hot and somewhat stiff whereas the white "vegan" leather has been a hit with the family for being comfortable and a better sit than the Audi. Steering in the M3 is solid and direct. You always know where the wheels are pointing and nice feedback even though it's fly by wire. The brakes on the Tesla feel like a truck.. the Audi was precise and very easy to use. But the Tesla with the one pedal feature, I rarely use the brakes so it's a wash.

If you had an A5 so something like that I think you would regret the M3 purchase but with the A3, very little regret and I think regret is too strong of a word. There is nothing about the M3 that would make me go back to the A3.

2007 Honda CR-V with 250,000 miles. Still ran like a champ. An accountant would have told me to keep it, but I really wanted an upgrade. I've actually taken my M3 to the shop more times in 6 months than in two years of owning the Honda. lol Thankfully they were all for minor/cosmetic things.

Any further thoughts (regrets?) moving on from the Audi?
I also miss Waze with CarPlay, and The B&O audio system. But the benefits of the M3 far outweigh what I gave up.

I’ve driven them all: Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, Jaguars, Lexus. The lost goes on. Hands down, there is nothing — nothing — that I would trade my PD3+ for. There may be a thing or two here or there that a particular car may have that can be “better,” sure. But overall? Nothing else even comes close.

Tesla hit it out of the park with this one. I see nothing on the horizon for the foreseeable future that could even remotely approach pulling me away from this. Certainly not ANY ICE piece of crap.