Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Do I Lose w/FSD??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live Camera View is available as well as vision Based Perpendicular Parking in 36.8.5/10.4 Beta. Looks like Beta will keep up with future features faster (say that 3 times fast) than it has in the past. Still will be a little lag since we only get a new release every 2 to 3 weeks. As of now Beta doesn't have Waypoints or Tidal Music. Probably will get both of these on 10.5.
I can confirm that 2021.36.8.5 FSD Beta 10.4 does NOT have live camera view available.
I’m sitting in the car and the setting to enable it on the Safety & Security screen is missing.
I also doubt that it has the vision based perpendicular parking because I tried to use it but it never offered me to park in the right situation.
Also both features are missing from the latest software release notes in my car.

I can confirm that 2021.36.8.5 FSD Beta 10.4 does NOT have live camera view available.
I’m sitting in the car and the setting to enable it on the Safety & Security screen is missing.
I also doubt that it has the vision based perpendicular parking because I tried to use it but it never offered me to park in the right situation.
Also both features are missing from the latest software release notes in my car.
Have you updated the iphone app? I'd try force closing it and reopening it. I have same software version on 10.4 and latest app version and have live viewing and vision based perpendicular parking. I believe there may have been a toggle in the security section you had to enable to use live view.

Have you updated the iphone app? I'd try force closing it and reopening it. I have same software version on 10.4 and latest app version and have live viewing and vision based perpendicular parking. I believe there may have been a toggle in the security section you had to enable to use live view.
Some features like this are not available on some older MS and MX like my 2017 MS.

Reactions: K5TRX
Are you saying you don't have the constant phantom braking on the interstates? Are those mostly in suburban traffic? That point has not been clear to me.

I don't have FSD - perhaps a blessing in disguise the Elon ghosted us with the camera upgrades. My initial reaction was the geek in me and wanting to jump in with both feet - been in the software business forever. I use AP constantly everywhere. I don't mind constant intervention in suburbia - pretty much have that now. But it is pretty much predictable. If phantom braking on the interstate is happening, I may just wait 6 months and count my blessings.

So what do I lose if I get FSD?
  1. At least suburban much more stressful driving
  2. Maybe loss of surround vision? But I'm on Android anyway and that's apparently not available yet
  3. Significantly less Wh/M?
If freeway phantom braking were an issue, I'd definitely wait a while. That's primarily what I'm trying to clarify. But is there anything else you really wish you could still do that you cannot on FSD?

Thx.
What do you lose, you ask? I would say, “Your mind!” Just opted out, myself, after being in since day #1.

Reactions: KArnold
Sorry but this is incorrect information and they are both listed in the Release Notes. Live View released in 10.4 (see my screen pic) and Perpendicular Autopark Vision was released into the 10.3 FSD Beta Stack but I don't have a screen pic handy (can take a pic later today). Here is a link to the Release Notes 10.3 and a pic of them.

IMG_9426 (1).jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 5.48.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 5.48.47 AM.png

Last edited:
I have the most up to date version of the app and the FSD software.
There is no settings to enable live camera view. I watched YouTube videos to see where the settings are supposed to be but that setting is missing for me.

Sorry but this is incorrect information and they are both listed in the Release Notes. Live View released in 10.4 (see my screen pic) and Perpendicular Autopark Vision was released into the 10.3 FSD Beta Stack but I don't have a screen pic handy (can take a pic later today). Here is a link to the Release Notes 10.3 and a pic of them.

View attachment 734272
View attachment 734271

View attachment 734270
I could post my own set of images here to prove you wrong if I was at my car now.
I triple checked it yesterday.
I have the same software version but the live camera view and perpendicular vision based parking are both missing.
They are not in the release notes either.

I could post my own set of images here to prove you wrong if I was at my car now.
I have the same software version but the live camera view and perpendicular vision based parking are both missing.
There are either multiple sub-versions of FSD Beta 10.4 or for some reason my 2020 Model S doesn’t support these features.

Reactions: d21mike
Sorry but you do NOT mean prove me wrong (are you implying that I Photoshopped the Release Notes????) since I presented 100% indisputable FACTS: Live View and Vision Parking are in FSD Beta.

Use this website to see all the Release information.

Last edited:
Sorry but you do NOT mean prove me wrong (are you implying that I Photoshopped the Release Notes????) since I presented 100% indisputable FACTS: Live View and Vision Parking are in FSD Beta.

Use this website to see all the Release information.

See my previous post. I didn't imply anything, only that it is not true that having FSD 10.4 automatically gives you live camera view and vision based parking.

Honestly we really don't care which of you is right - you both are.
These are SOFTWARE updates, not magical hardware additions.
If your car doesn't have the needed hardware then the new feature will not work. Its still there in the release, but you will never see it because your car is missing the hardware, others with the correct hardware will see it.
Whatever shows in your car is the accurate information - regardless of what Electrek or Notateslaapp says.

But 2021.36.8.5 absolutely DOES have the live view feature - only if your car supports it. I'm looking at the view out the rear of my car right now.
So Model S earlier than 2021 don't get it. My car (Model 3) has this release and also has live camera view - works perfectly
Just like the 36.5.7 release enabled BioWeapon Defense Mode - its definitely in the release but your car has to have all the hardware for it to work. My Model 3 does not so I don't get that feature - it doesn't stop it being part of the release for cars that do have the hardware.

......But 2021.36.8.5 absolutely DOES have the live view feature - only if your car supports it. I'm looking at the view out the rear of my car right now.
So Model S earlier than 2021 don't get it. My car (Model 3) has this release and also has live camera view - works perfectly
Just like the 36.5.7 release enabled BioWeapon Defense Mode - its definitely in the release but your car has to have all the hardware for it to work. My Model 3 does not so I don't get that feature - it doesn't stop it being part of the release for cars that do have the hardware.
Curious, what hardware is missing that a 21 S/X can't have Perpendicular Parking and Live View? It has all the exterior cameras, HW3, MCU and 3G.

greenmore: Also, with FSD you lose the latest non-FSD goodies, like remote camera view from the app, vision based parking, waypoints....

If you can't get a feature to begin with then you CAN'T lose it by getting the Beta.;)

Last edited:
I have the most up to date version of the app and the FSD software.
There is no settings to enable live camera view. I watched YouTube videos to see where the settings are supposed to be but that setting is missing for me.
You mostly likely have a MODEL S or X. It is not available on some of those like mine. Good to include your CAR Information when posting.

Curious, what hardware is missing that a 21 S/X can't have Perpendicular Parking and Live View? It has all the exterior cameras, HW3, MCU and 3G.

greenmore: Also, with FSD you lose the latest non-FSD goodies, like remote camera view from the app, vision based parking, waypoints....

If you can't get a feature to begin with then you CAN'T lose it by getting the Beta.;)
No one yet knows what hardware is missing that I have read.