Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you dislike most about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to crack my driver window when parked in the sun to ventilate. But the small amount I like to crack it seems to be in the range where the auto window movement for the door opening and closing decides to re-close the window completely.

Edit: Disregard, I didn't fully read his post. :oops:

Press the button very lightly and slowly increase pressure. You'll notice there's two levels to the switch. If you avoid pushing hard enough to get to the second level then you'll accomplish your goal.

Last edited:
I am finding that my trunk closes without too much force. Perhaps they improved it with recent builds?
On the other hand, I have had to ask a few passengers to close their door harder to make sure it latched.
And also, to remind them not to pull the emergency release lever. The lever feels as instinctive as the button above it.

Press the button very lightly and slowly increase pressure. You'll notice there's two levels to the switch. If you avoid pushing hard enough to get to the second level then you'll accomplish your goal.

Not the issue that was being complained about. Poster was able to crack his window while in the car, but in that state, the car will close the window all the way when you get out and shut the door. Right now the only solution is to crack it open a lot more, to the point a ton of rain would get inside the car if a passing summer thunderstorm came by while at work.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezlanian
Not the issue that was being complained about. Poster was able to crack his window while in the car, but in that state, the car will close the window all the way when you get out and shut the door. Right now the only solution is to crack it open a lot more, to the point a ton of rain would get inside the car if a passing summer thunderstorm came by while at work.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I skimmed and stopped reading, my bad :oops:

PHONE. KEY.
It will never work reliably for everyone because tesla only controls one side of a two-sided system. If it does work reliably, it will only be temporary until the next generation of phones/OS comes out. Bring back the fob. End this madness.

Just buy the top of the line phones. The key fobs might cost you about the same and they will only be fobs with no other function. With that fancy new phone you could do lots of new things.

Just buy the top of the line phones. The key fobs might cost you about the same and they will only be fobs with no other function. With that fancy new phone you could do lots of new things.
Even people with top of the line phones are having problems. Even if they weren't, your car should not dictate what kind of phone you can have, or if you should even have a phone at all.

There are too many variables with the phone key. It will never be a fully reliable system. It's techno-hubris to force it on everyone.

• lack of camper mode: in absence of a person sitting in front seat the car shuts off media, A/C, USB power
What?! And they made a point that the back (folded flat) is long enough for full size adults to lay down.
Why would they leave off camper mode?
And you got the giant pano roof to watch the stars!
(Could be handy if you were stuck at a campground picking up some slow charge.)

I like to crack my driver window when parked in the sun to ventilate. But the small amount I like to crack it seems to be in the range where the auto window movement for the door opening and closing decides to re-close the window completely.

Model 3 doesn’t have cabin overheat protection like S/X? How about the “keep climate on” option?

Reactions: barjohn
I knew this going in, but I really wish this was a hatch. Coming from a wagon, this has been the hardest thing.

Also, the suspension is good but I don’t find it to be on par with my old E46, which managed a crazy blend of compliant when needed and sporty when going around corners.

The acceleration and clean interior aesthetic are amazing though.

+1 for Web Browser
+1 for Key FOB

I wish my M3 came with QI wireless charging or at least the front USB ports had more than 5A power.

The only way to get full fast charge capability at the moment is to use and external battery source connected to a charging pad..eg the Jeda Wireless Pad..Jeda Wireless Pad — Tesla Wireless Pad

ALSO, I wish the clock and outside temp were moved above the speedometer where it would be more visible.

Reactions: geometro
Also, the suspension is good but I don’t find it to be on par with my old E46, which managed a crazy blend of compliant when needed and sporty when going around corners.

My old E46 M3 is still going strong. It's just so much fun.

re: Model 3 - I think the mats are really cheap material. It feels like they belong in a Mitsubishi. Good thing all-weather mats are coming on my way and cover them up.

Reactions: 30seconds