Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice idea to pass the Tesla time. Software/systems integration engineer for a small but cool system. Keep perusing the Tesla job list and wondering. Was going to retire soon but the market and the Teslas are stressing. At least a promotion to the Roadster for extreme commuting helps.

Wow. I guess they were impressed with the Tattler you gave them. :wink:

Yes. :smile: I gave them one back in July and asked them a couple of question w.r.t the Tattler. A few months later I got a nice reply answering my questions that closed with: "On another note, I'd love to talk to you about ways you can help [Telsa] more directly if you're interested..." Three months later, I'm livin' the dream! I relocated from San Diego to Palo Alto/Mountain View.

I call that really dedication to make the Tattler work! From inside Tesla, not a single CAN bus signal will hide its information from Scott.

You can be certain he's signed a non-disclosure agreement...

Actually, I got an amendment to my employment docs that allows me to continue to sell/improve the tattler. But I can't use any Tesla Motors resources/email/work-hours/knowledge/etc. It's a pretty clear line since I don't work on the Roadster.

As far as coding goes, Richard is doing most of the coding now. He's has some cool features he wanted to add that I had held off until after the release. He also has the simulators I built so he can figure out other messages...

Disclaimer: The [Tesla] Tattler is NOT a Tesla [Motors] product. Tesla neither endorses nor withholds endorsement of the Tattler.

Back to lurking TMC...

Last edited:
Great thread and I love that everyone is willing to post their careers! With that said, I will not post mine.

J/K. Electronics tech in Aerospace, though at this point I consider my blogging about a certain televangelist to be my full-time job. I have such a bad taste in my mouth from my real job that I've decided to take the next layoff that comes around to pick up where I left off in school (halfway to an engineering degree). Learning is the one thing besides my wife that I can say I truly love.

Last edited: