Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does APPC mean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would guess, and this is just a guess, that APPC means EAP and definitely not FSD.
There's another code, APPB that means EAP. So I think APPC is a different, internal flavor of EAP.
Yeah, that was my assumption as well. But then there's no option to upgrade to FSD either. Ow well, perhaps there will be an update later on that will have features that are available to EAP+FSD only and not to EAP. I'll have to ask the next time at service center, as the tesla API gives some wierd codes as well, like the BT37 battery and that it's a Model 3 type code for this VIN.

I'll have to ask the next time at service center, as the tesla API gives some wierd codes as well, like the BT37 battery and that it's a Model 3 type code for this VIN.

If you're looking at the option_codes field in the owner API, that's been farked like that for everyone, for almost a year now.

You need to look in the /vehicle_data/vehicle_config endpoint to get accurate option settings (warning -- not by option code).

You can use my handy Tampermonkey script to retrieve all that API info.
All credentials are posted teslamotors.com, so there's no middleman.

Link: About | Telsa API Safe Tools: Token Generator, API Query Tool, and Referral Info Retrieval | Userscripts | OpenUserJS

@zimeon - did you ever get a conclusion. I have the same question about my S75D. Mine says 'highway autopilot' as an included package.

I've asked SC.. they have no idea, and are now escalating .. I really hope they don't remove it as I currently have everything EAP offers

@zimeon - did you ever get a conclusion. I have the same question about my S75D. Mine says 'highway autopilot' as an included package.

I've asked SC.. they have no idea, and are now escalating .. I really hope they don't remove it as I currently have everything EAP offers
@nikhon Nope, never. I had a long call with roadside assistance and a few people checked it there. Never got a call back, and tbh i never bothered to call back either. So the car still says Highway Autopilot and I still can use EAP features like summon and NOA. I found another guy in the Finnish Tesla Club who had the exact same issue, but he even had smart summon on an AP2 hardware car.

The only common thing (that I can think of) is that my cars VIN is 1697xx, and the other finnish guys car is 170xxx. I could almost bet that yours is around the same production time. So perpahs something was changed in the backend Tesla systems on how options are stored regarding cars.

@nikhon Nope, never. I had a long call with roadside assistance and a few people checked it there. Never got a call back, and tbh i never bothered to call back either. So the car still says Highway Autopilot and I still can use EAP features like summon and NOA. I found another guy in the Finnish Tesla Club who had the exact same issue, but he even had smart summon on an AP2 hardware car.

The only common thing (that I can think of) is that my cars VIN is 1697xx, and the other finnish guys car is 170xxx. I could almost bet that yours is around the same production time. So perpahs something was changed in the backend Tesla systems on how options are stored regarding cars.

Mines 207XXX. But also is a model S not an X.

I think you're right.. it's likely APPC and APFC are just no longer offered and reference have been removed from the api's too.

Weirdly for me I have both EAP and FSD as upgradable options but theres no way I would do that if I already have EAP feature available to me.

I surprisingly got an email today from VehicleSupportEMEA <[email protected]> asking if my issue has been resolved. Replied to it that it hasn't and attached some screenshots. We'll see.

View media item 121804View media item 121803View media item 121802

Ohh I didn't realise you had a S75D too

Keep us posted.

I see you have commented in this thread too. It's the only thing that makes me nervous about probing too much. I feel like we are the unicorns of the autopilot world :D Im hoping if the subscription based FSD comes out we can just choose the options we are missing...

Attachments

• IMG_20200930_121009~2.jpg
    IMG_20200930_121009~2.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20200930_121029~2.jpg
    IMG_20200930_121029~2.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20201001_194707_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20201001_194707_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 68
Yea, unicorns of AP world is a good description of it. We'll see how things proceed, wonder if Service Center will upgrade HW3 for free or not o_O Afaik it's an automated process behind it. Back in February the webpage showed $APPC, but now it just autopilot convenience features (or somthing similar in Finnish).

Yea, unicorns of AP world is a good description of it. We'll see how things proceed, wonder if Service Center will upgrade HW3 for free or not o_O Afaik it's an automated process behind it. Back in February the webpage showed $APPC, but now it just autopilot convenience features (or somthing similar in Finnish).
When Navigate on Autopilot was first released, it never activated on my 2016 AP2 EAP equipped Model X. Mine was an inventory vehicle and it turns out it was originally ordered with AP1, but AP2 hardware was released before it was manufactured. It was labeled as highway AP internally and for some reason NoA wasn't active on that particular flavor of AP. Since I purchased EAP when I bought it, they had to build and push a new config that solved the problem and NoA started working.