Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does it cost in the US to charge an M3 to 80%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Supercharger rates vary from $0.28 to $0.32 / kWh, depending upon location. Some places charge you per minute and varies according to the power delivered to the car (IIRC, above or below 60 or 65kW). Total cost to charge to 80% would then depend entirely from where you charge from and what capacity your car's battery is at when you start.

Somewhat of a rule-of-thumb for me is that to add 100 miles of range, it costs me about $7.00.

Last edited:
Nice video but he really doesn't directly cover Supercharger rates, which was what the OP originally requested. His calculations using the national average of $0.13 / kWh is a residential rate. You could about double the cost and get close to the $0.28 Supercharger rate.

Reactions: calidreamz808
Last week I charged my M3P from 20 to 80% and I calculated it to cost me around $22.65 factoring in the cost for electricity here in Hawaii. And that's by doing it at home via the UMC charge cord and a 6-20 adapter.
Holy balls Hawaii is expensive. I pay ~$0.05/kwh off peak in AZ, so to get a full 0-100% charge overnight at home would cost about $3.75.

Sorry, off topic to OP....this has nothing to do with supercharger rates :oops:

• Love
Reactions: 73zdriver