Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does "new S" mean on NotATeslaApp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the NotATeslaApp website, some models getting an update are prefaced by the word "New". There is also a "Legacy" preface. What does that mean?
Screenshot_20230419_171019_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Using "new" as a qualifier won't work for much longer. 2021 cars are already old, especially with HW4 being out, no USS, Vision and new RADAR. I bet NotATeslaApp has already thought about using some other qualifier, like year.

Last edited:
Question: On this latest software release, you can now adjust the passenger seat from the front screen using the "rear display." I've tried this, and it does work. However, appears you can only adjust the seat back angle of recline, not actually move the seat forward or backward. Is this working properly?

Using "new" as a qualifier won't work for much longer. 2021 cars are already old, especially with HW4 being out, no USS, Vision and new RADAR. I bet NotATeslaApp has already thought about using some other qualifier, like year.
A 2021 S and a 2023 S are more related than a 2021 and a 2020 S as many things changed in 2021, but I agree "Refresh S" would be a more accurate term than "new".

Question: On this latest software release, you can now adjust the passenger seat from the front screen using the "rear display." I've tried this, and it does work. However, appears you can only adjust the seat back angle of recline, not actually move the seat forward or backward. Is this working properly?

No.

On mine, the whole seat moves forward while the seatback tilts forward, and vice versa.

Reactions: mm9351
A 2021 S and a 2023 S are more related than a 2021 and a 2020 S as many things changed in 2021, but I agree "Refresh S" would be a more accurate term than "new".
Ugh, I think "refresh" has been over used. It would have to be R1, R2, R3 and whatever the current Refresh is at. Then those would have to (still) be tied to a date. Maybe year isn't good enough, so MoYr. Tesla never stands still, a refresh happens almost monthly. It's a good thing.