Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does this symbol mean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
I’m wondering what does the following symbol mean? (Exclamation mark in the red square near the valet profil).
I want to buy this car..
Thank you in advance
John

Attachments

• IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 53
The upper screen is a navigation map, and the bottom screen is likely an unpaired bluetooth cell phone. These are different functions and both screens appear to be incorrect. It is a messed up computer that needs to be rebooted, just like a windows computer.

Sorry, my question is really what does the following icon/symbole mean, not the screen, screen is locked up since it’s valet mode. But what does this symbole mean :

Attachments

• IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 30
I don't know what version of the software the car is running but my manual makes no mention of a red square with an exclamation point. Generally, there is a triangle with an exclamation point. My S has this right now as a battery fuse needs to be replaced. That triangle (the only alert mentioned in the manual) alerts to problems and those should be displayed on the instrument cluster (IC) behind the steering wheel. This looks like an earlier version of the software.

You're going to need to enter the service mode and make note of any and all errors that show up.

Select the car icon on the bottom left of the screen. Next, select the software icon on the bottom of the listed options on the left side of the screen. Then, the screen will display a pic of the car along with the model, mileage, software version, etc. From that screen you'll need to long press the Model # beneath the pic. When prompted enter "service". It will lead you to the service menu where you can check what alerts are in the system.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can do this while in valet mode. You're going to need the current owner to exit valet mode to do this.

Reactions: Big Earl
Sorry, my question is really what does the following icon/symbole mean, not the screen, screen is locked up since it’s valet mode. But what does this symbole mean :

As far as I’m aware, Valet Mode will not “lock up” the screen. You should be able to tap on the ❗️icon to get more information about the problem.

If the screen is unresponsive, restart it by pressing in and holding both steering wheel scroll wheels until the screen goes black.

Checking errors in Service Mode, as described above, would be a prudent step, as well.

If the screen problems persist or your unable to get more information on the problem, I would recommend not buying the vehicle.