Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What electric bikes work well with Tesla owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone - I've been looking to buy a folding electric bike for ages for my commute into town, and using as an alternative to the train. I want something that I can easily transport easily in my Tesla (Model X) - the dream is to be able to take it on family holidays, and use to complete some journeys into town - park on the outskirts then carry on being green by cycling into town.

I just saw these pictures from an electric bike brand called Gocycle on social media - it looks they fit really well in both the Model X and S - and look really cool too! Has anyone heard of this brand?

Gocycle on Instagram: “When two icons meet. Thanks to @teslamotors Chiswick for letting us come down and get some shots of our #GocycleGS and new #GocycleGX.…”

upload_2019-2-26_12-37-2.png upload_2019-2-26_12-36-55.png

My main question really is do any owners here use an electric bike in tandem with their Tesla and if so do you have any recommendations? I have heard of Tern, Brompton, Gocycle etc - but not an expert in this area! Help appreciated.

Great minds think alike.

I went on a search for an electric bike to complement my Tesla model X and settled on a GoCycle model GS. GoCycle did seem to be the Tesla equivalent in the bike world and presents themselves as the ideal commuter bike company. I only got a couple hundred miles in before cold weather began to dominate, but I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. I have taken it on short vacation trips to the mountains to use on easy paths around lakes and in mountain towns. I did purchase a “Portable Docking Station” from GoCycle which is the “oversize luggage” that holds the folded bike and fits nicely in the back of the X. I also used it to do errands when I had a flat tire repaired, etc. I think you are on the right path. Great choice.

Looking at the GoCycle web site today, there is a newer model, GX, which folds much faster (and looks like it has a swappable battery) which might be a better choice now.

The GoCycle is a great eBike that packs small, but not instantly; however, the new GX addresses that as it folds a different way. I have the prior model, it’s very well made and designed from the outset as an eBike with clean lines with hidden cables and hydraulic brakes, not a conversion bolting on parts to a standard bike.

There are a couple of Fully Charged Show episodes featuring the bike where they also visit a dedicated eBike store in central London if you’re anywhere near, also called but not related Fully Charged.

London's leading electric bike & eBike retailer | Fully Charged

The GoCycle is a great eBike that packs small, but not instantly; however, the new GX addresses that as it folds a different way. I have the prior model, it’s very well made and designed from the outset as an eBike with clean lines with hidden cables and hydraulic brakes, not a conversion bolting on parts to a standard bike.

There are a couple of Fully Charged Show episodes featuring the bike where they also visit a dedicated eBike store in central London if you’re anywhere near, also called but not related Fully Charged.

Thank you! I love the Fully Charged Show - some create content on there, will give Fully Charged in London a visit! Thanks

Reactions: Jetstreamsky

Wow! thas too cool