Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What exactly is under the Vault Floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this picture of what is under the Cybertruck Vault floor from The Cybertruck Forum.
1705348537950.png

Looks like the air compressor.

It is. It's for the air suspension and made by Wabco. Very nice to have easy access to service, if needed.
Top of the rear motor(s) as well. Tri-Beast? Looks like orange power cables on both sides.

The most curious thing to me is where the Range Extender is going to be connected ... since you have to assume there will be coolant lines as well as power cables. You'll also no longer have access underneath that cover.

OzfBIwi.jpg

I want to know what is in the side “sails”. Those things are huge!
I’d also like to know why they couldn't have made the under bed storage large enough for a spare.
Air suspension protrudes into sails? Should be able to see hints in epc catalog and other BIW.
You don't think if they had room they would have allowed for a spare ... especially for off roading.

Air suspension protrudes into sails? Should be able to see hints in epc catalog and other BIW.
You don't think if they had room they would have allowed for a spare ... especially for off roading.
From this image it looks like they're filled with aluminum. The sails look like the strongest part of the body, not sure what's going on. It does looks like there's a lot of room in front of the rear tire wells.

1705508533305.png

Rivian has a spare. I think Tesla just doesn't believe in spares (yes I know everyone else is getting rid of them too).
The pit in the trunk of the Model 3 is very close to being able to fit a collapsible spare. If I didn't have a rear hitch bar in the way I'd be tempted to cut some sheet metal and make room. I also think they could have made room in the frunk by rearranging some components.
Of course not having a full size spare in a vehicle that can go 50 miles from a paved road is crazy but I guess they figure the few people who are going to do it will just carry a spare in the bed.
1705508278776.png

Reactions: scottf200
for daily driving I’d rather have the storage than a spare… I’m sure aftermarket brackets are in the works to solve the off road spare that’s being discussed above… so an owner can add it only when needed.

for daily driving I’d rather have the storage than a spare… I’m sure aftermarket brackets are in the works to solve the off road spare that’s being discussed above… so an owner can add it only when needed.
Rivian lets you remove the spare and put other stuff there. :p
Actually I think the spare itself is optional.