Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Fees are really included in Used Purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my information sheet from Tesla Finance and noticed that the section titled "Approximate Sales Tax/Official Fees" had a rather large $ amount in it. Being in NC I know I would be responsible for 3% Highway use tax and most likely a title fee ... but that doesn't even account for 1/2 of their estimated total. I see no mention of Dealer Doc Fee, etc in the order agreement : https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?country=US&model_code=ms&is_new_vehicle=0

Does anyone who has been through this before know what fees are actually included in that total?
(And yes, for what it's worth I did try contacting the Tesla Finance person, my Sales Advisor, and Tesla Central but as with every other information request I've sent no response was ever received from anyone)

In many cases, you'll have sales tax which can vary widely from state to state. In my case, I'm currently buying a car out of state. There are no fees on my final purchase agreement, which is nice.

Of course once I register the car in my home state, I'll have sales tax, and all the licensing fees to pay. That'll be over 10%.

Not sure if this helps or not but here is a breakdown of the items that appear on the purchasing agreement. On my MVPA most of the items were 0.00 (Tesla cannot register cars in DE and document fees are not paid until the car is registered) with the exception of purchase price, trade in, lien fee, and down payment.

1. Total Vehicle Price
Cash price of car
Other
Other

2. Sales Tax Calculation
Trade-in tax credit
Taxable fees
Subtotal of taxable items
Sales tax
Other

3. Amounts paid to Government Agency
Registration/Transfer/Title Fee