Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to 4.5.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is an old question, but I can't find a reference. My iOS Tesla App says it is version 4.33.5 - but in the Tesla website it refers to version 4.5.1 (or later) for some features, such as "charge stats", which I cannot find. I can't find a way to get a newer version of the app. Did they reset the version numbers? I want to see the charge stats but I can't find that on the app, or in the vehicle (US Tesla model Y, 2023)

I also have iOS App version 4.33.5. I can't explain the reference on Tesla website to version 4.5.1, but I am able to see charge stats for my car. For me, this is where I find it:

Under products, select your car. Then scroll down below where you see controls, etc., and I see an entry Charge Stats. This shows up for me right below Security & Drivers and right before Upgrades. Click on Charge Stats and you should see bar graph for past 31 days with option to look at last year.

If you're wanting to see your history with all the details for your supercharging sessions (date, location, kW add, cost, etc), then you need to click on the three horizontal line icon in the very top right corner. That should take you to page with your account name, and below that you will see entry for Charging. That takes you to screen where you have option to manage your payment method, but below that you'll see a link for History. Click on the History link and it will take you to a listing of your sessions.

Hope some of that helps.

Sorry if this is an old question, but I can't find a reference. My iOS Tesla App says it is version 4.33.5 - but in the Tesla website it refers to version 4.5.1 (or later) for some features, such as "charge stats", which I cannot find. I can't find a way to get a newer version of the app. Did they reset the version numbers? I want to see the charge stats but I can't find that on the app, or in the vehicle (US Tesla model Y, 2023)

Just to be clear, in your original post, you are asking about "Software version 4.5.1 or later. The current version is 4.33.5 which definitely falls into the "or later" bucket. I can only guess, but it looks to me like you are reading the software version 4.5.1 or later, and thinking that somehow V4.33 does not meet the "or later" criteria.

If its confusing, it might be helpful to look at the software versions with the same number of digits. The statement "software version 4.5.1 or later, could also be read as " software version 4.05.1 or later", which is what it is saying (4.05, not 4.50). So, if you read it as " version 4.05.1 or later, its pretty easy to see that software version 4.33.5 is later than 4.05.1, at least from a raw numbers standpoint.

Reactions: cmy4x4
4.5.1 released a long time ago.

Just checked this morning and v4.34.0 is the latest version. I have also noticed that my app sometimes does not update automatically, so I always check the app store every time the car updates (v2024.20.1 this week) and manually update.