Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to AutoPark?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has AutoPark been removed? Although slow, it functioned pretty reliably for over a year. Now, I haven't seen the ability to AutoPark in a few months. What gives?
It works only if FSD is turned off in the Autopilot settings. To do that each time before using ParkAssist is not very practical. It takes too many steps.
To simplify this, I created a new separate driver profile, named ParkAssist, in which FSD has been disabled.
I switch to that profile when I need to park and switch back to my regular profile with FSD enabled, afterwards. Otherwise, the P symbol will not appear.

Now that Tesla is removing the ultrasonic sensors from new vehicles, will my sensors continue to work for Autopark in my 2018 LR RWD? Lately Autopark has not shown up on the screen at all when parallel parking.

I paid for Autopark as part of my EAP package in 2018. If Tesla indeed has decided to remove this functionality from my car, at a minimum I will file a complaint with the California Attorney General, and investigate the viability of a class action lawsuit with other Tesla owners who are caught in the same situation.

• Funny
Reactions: 101dals
Geez, any excuse, right?

Or you could understand that the car is a work in progress, half the features we use are still tagged as Beta, removing the USS came with a note to you that said some features were TEMPORARILY disabled as they work to add them again. Surely you already went thru this with the headlights and the wipers, no?

Last edited:
Now that Tesla is removing the ultrasonic sensors from new vehicles, will my sensors continue to work for Autopark in my 2018 LR RWD? Lately Autopark has not shown up on the screen at all when parallel parking.

I paid for Autopark as part of my EAP package in 2018. If Tesla indeed has decided to remove this functionality from my car, at a minimum I will file a complaint with the California Attorney General, and investigate the viability of a class action lawsuit with other Tesla owners who are caught in the same situation.
you probably won't believe that, when you agree the terms it state there that you can't be a part of class action lawsuit.
this is what you agreed in their terms & conditions.

The arbitrator may only resolve disputes between you and Tesla, and may not consolidate claims without the consent of all parties. The arbitrator
cannot hear class or representative claims or requests for relief on behalf of others purchasing or leasing Tesla vehicles. In other words, you and Tesla
may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action. If a
court or arbitrator decides that any part of this agreement to arbitrate cannot be enforced as to a particular claim for relief or remedy, then that claim
or remedy (and only that claim or remedy) must be brought in court and any other claims must be arbitrated

Reactions: 101dals
I think you may be assuming that some persons dont opt out (in writing to Tesla, via certified letter) of the arbitration.

also, in SOME states, even if you dont opt out, it doesnt preclude an individual from still filing lawsuits against Tesla. Key word is SOME states...

This works really well - just sayin'
Pages and pages of threads answering exactly that question.
Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 16.07.52.png

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
So I now bought our 2023 Model Y over 7 months ago. From the get go I paid for Auto Park, Summon and Smart Summon. Meanwhile they enhanced the car with alarms to help with the proximity of things so that if I paid any attention to the STOP commands I get I would neither be able to reach my normal parking spot in my garage nor be able to get the car out of the garage afterwards. Still waiting for Auto park, Summon and Smart Summon. It would be nice to get a sense that somebody at Tesla cares about all the months of nothing.

• Love
Reactions: jeewee3000
Speaking to the Techs at my local SvC yesterday it does seem like they are not being given enough info to answer people's questions. I don't remember feeling this way when I got the car, guess there was less history that they had to worry about. Perhaps a greater percentage of the budget went their way.