Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened when a Tesla came to Ekalaka, Montana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading the article, I did not see anything at all about "illegal charging" so removed that from the thread title. Even though I really (really really really really really really really reaaaalllllyyyyy) dislike thread titles in the "click here to know more" vein, I am going to leave the rest of the thread title the same since its the same as the article this OP links to.

So that people who dont want to click the article link get the jist of it, here is a cliff notes version.

1. CA couple driving a model Y volunteering at a museum in a small town in montana
2. Arrive in small town in montana with low charge, see outlet they can plug into and plug in
3. Model Y owner had previously cleared with the museum director that they could charge

(side note, since this was previously cleared with the museum director of this very small town (400 people) I see no instance in which this should be considered "illegal charging" as the OP of this thread put in the thread title and first post. )

4. someone else in the town saw the vehicle charging in public space, took pictures, and published those pictures in the local news paper.
5. CA couple was originally told they didnt need to worry about paying for the charge, but after back and forth, paid approximately $60 for the charge.

Not sure why this would be considered "news" but / shrug.

When, I mean if, I steal power. I park so the car hides what I’m doing, I hide the extra cord under the car. That guy couldn’t be more obvious if he tried.

IMG_0907.png

• Funny
Reactions: Elektrick
Too damn funny…. Not to mention, they clearly had nothing better to do.

I belong to a to a 2A related forum, and they hate electric cars… with a bitter passion that I just don’t understand. It kind of reminds me of that type of mentality.

I will say that I am really kind of impressed that there was an actual 30 amp outlet, just sitting there on a pole.

Reactions: Elektrick
I belong to a to a 2A related forum, and they hate electric cars… with a bitter passion that I just don’t understand. It kind of reminds me of that type of mentality.
I think many people hate the idea that everyone, including the government is telling them they should own electric. I can see their frustration, especially if they love their current vehicle.

I think many people hate the idea that everyone, including the government is telling them they should own electric. I can see their frustration, especially if they love their current vehicle.
I certainly feel that way, with respect to attempting to ban the use of gas stoves, gas, hot water heaters, and gasoline/natural gas/propane powered generators.

I am unimpressed with how the administration is trying to back door all that stuff in… without any sort of tax breaks for those of us who will have to replace these by doing significant changes to our homes. (having to install new electric service, for example…)

The car thing is a little bit more odd to me as no one is forcing you to buy an electric vehicle at this point.