Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done to your Y lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the rest of the red conversion finished today. Including the LED tube lights though I'm not sure if those will stay.

TqZvr6hQZlFNDrZrzVXT96rm55txYwXXCrFelvAO0nmR1q9uskZ-C8n6avSInl0VCsbsBOOabZhGAs5havInBoXQA0bXlrzTCRAMJB5YWqj4sP4yWN5jV_aR4EllwI66JJCoaMHQ3eoPUWs5LD5CNkvitDbGhHvpJAne59lRyl4l5ZRGcc6kM8eY4Ltfsz6lPm0-dLiAdJHkeTi0wKwNbDo73liBC7nUbWw78P-LPfX8bu0oggoMkK1id7AA6ZkHz_gQx_pH_OP521fr1uE2u4p1IkcsUzpTJNmx5F1_rLNLRl_vBXmIs78ud6oRCQO-uRYAUeNj0ADafFIM94GmiNurQF-Xgtk9Bu6p3PKXVNX3rsWro9UjjiKY9dLccDL708b9S9lu_PD5vtJTUwTzX-oxc88LKrRfSg6ye7aspk54Z4xx5NnNhqj-O1LZs_H4ZSo-ZZi7doW2mYLS08stIX7v-Ew-G51i6YgFtkIv8ysCnmCvA_PHiuayTtI746eB5ddnZZdZFXAMA4OyFAuODVeqw8EJLBfTqbFrvfnsuFldjwf5ONAZohF0AhNNPyhKQD4oUaWqZMI5pKLCVBHv1PIrSn46VxtUFLli-UBHyM0fj_81qegP7jdid9ELvKmFhLd2qdJlgawGYZWt6RWs0ikz9j2TD_9rb8SMkOV7-KgefdpoYc8WpFAgKIn8YWtiN7yimDHFeOVvH7bktbEtRMo7bmAJWqglIYX7NDMzzERh1wccshSRQaYur4WCyHsgSaeFxwOdzrRvfqK3lxGXaLaai3Np0xFBcMuF-uLYf8g23n2eOztDUPPmvfhQhvgZ54WyKFlXlnF9UQsio_BP0qLBWHYAs-2nj2oi3GSOx1a3jpy1lJyse3v5IF9u6ylRh5pmnxkOGfRc1zLbkOVrY5EyJvfnqOT3-CloKenS343qXQ=w1466-h924-s-no

I finally got my PPF front end applied and windows tinted with ceramic tint. Got my MYLR in Dec. I should have done it sooner, as driving on the interstate in Phoenix every day to and from work, where they have gravel on both sides of the highway has resulted in a few paint chips on my front bumper. At least it won't get worse now. Got the tint just in time, as it's starting to warm up here. Although my interior temp shows 125 right now, and I think it was about 131 last week. My roof sunshade arrives Tuesday.

It’s dura dressing. It has to be applied when the tire is completely clean and even though it’s supposed to be permanent, it lasts typically 1 month of daily driving before I have to touch it up with more dressing.

View attachment 929243
When you touch up, do you have to clean up the tire completely and remove the old coat? Or can you simply reapply over and over again monthly?

From what I learned living in a dusty climate. If you put to much on (thick coating), it will yellow when the dust and sun start to take its toll. If you apply, let it sit for a few hours and then take a towel and wipe off the excess. It doesn’t seem to yellow for a much longer timeframe.

Just got my car a few weeks ago and so far have a few mods

STEK prism PPF
Mud Flaps from amazon
Various organizers and cubbies
35% Tint All around, Except Windshield
Black Leather/Perforated Black Leather Steering wheel wrap from DIYsteeringwheel.com with Blue stitching
USB port Extending to center console
3D Elegant carpet mats with soft carpet cover

IMO the wide angle mirrors make driving significantly safer because they eliminate (or come close to eliminating) the blind spots. The view out the back window is pathetic. I drove a Volvo 240 wagon for many years which had great visibility all around.

Also, unless you devote the right side of the display to the side and rear views, you only get the side view after you've turned on your blinker. If someone is in your blind spot when you turn on your blinker then they may well take evasive action.

BTW: the side mirrors are really easy to install. You need to turn the existing mirror all the way to one side and then reach behind it with your fingers or a pry tool and really pull/push. I worry that I'm going to break the mirror but I haven't (so far). Move the wires over to the new mirror (this is the trickiest part) then pop the new one in. The wide angle mirrors don't have auto-dim but they do have defrost.
+1 on this. Wide angle mirrors have a huge safety case. OEM mirrors are not nearly as effective as these are in terms of blind spot coverage.

Got these seatbelt guides from Spigen this week.

61cDtv6rQLL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
I tried these but had to return it. Try tugging on the seatbelt simulating an accident, and you will realize that it affects the belt tension because it flexes. I believe this could mess up with the designed belt tension system.
I also did not like the thin plastic and how big it is.

Ended up designing a minimalist version that fixes a lot of these shortcomings: Minimalist Backseat Seatbelt Guide for Tesla Model Y - Etsy

A7400163 Medium.jpeg

I tried these but had to return it. Try tugging on the seatbelt simulating an accident, and you will realize that it affects the belt tension because it flexes. I believe this could mess up with the designed belt tension system.

I made a similar observation. The inertial lock still activates, but not as often. In other words, if I tug on the belt 10 times simulating a quick forward motion without the seatbelt guide, it may lock 9-10 out of 10 times. Doing the same thing with the seatbelt guide, it may lock 6-7 out of 10 times. To me, this is enough of a safety concern to not use it.