Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done to your Y lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The spending never stops...
Started with a home charger. Next was replacing the hub caps, then purchasing center console organizer and protector pad. After that, a jack pad set, a spare tire and jack kit, a locking anti-rattle hitch pin, a set of all weather floor mats and a no drill front license plate holder and a set of mud flaps.
Today I just installed my roof cross bars and will try on my old Yakima Skybox for fit to ensure I can still fully open the hatch with enough clearance. Next will be tint on two front windows, wheel locks.....what's next? $$$$

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230309_164102_Wyze.jpg
    Screenshot_20230309_164102_Wyze.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 672
  • 20230309_172306.jpg
    20230309_172306.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 492
  • 20230309_172028.jpg
    20230309_172028.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 503
  • 20230309_172159.jpg
    20230309_172159.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 490
  • 20230309_172004.jpg
    20230309_172004.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 486
  • 20230309_172000.jpg
    20230309_172000.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 525
I have spent too much. 19" TSS wheels from T sportline, mud flaps, all weather mats, cup holder inserts, center armrest cover, PPF, Tint, basenor seals kit, screen protector, quick bandit front license plate mount, next I am considering aftermarket suspension and the carbon fiber dash cap to replace the wood.

I have spent too much. 19" TSS wheels from T sportline, mud flaps, all weather mats, cup holder inserts, center armrest cover, PPF, Tint, basenor seals kit, screen protector, quick bandit front license plate mount, next I am considering aftermarket suspension and the carbon fiber dash cap to replace the wood.
I was quoted $95 for front windows tint(ceramic goeshield) good deal?

I think I'm going to buy wide angle side mirrors, too. I'm still not use to looking at the tablet when changing lanes...
IMO the wide angle mirrors make driving significantly safer because they eliminate (or come close to eliminating) the blind spots. The view out the back window is pathetic. I drove a Volvo 240 wagon for many years which had great visibility all around.

Also, unless you devote the right side of the display to the side and rear views, you only get the side view after you've turned on your blinker. If someone is in your blind spot when you turn on your blinker then they may well take evasive action.

BTW: the side mirrors are really easy to install. You need to turn the existing mirror all the way to one side and then reach behind it with your fingers or a pry tool and really pull/push. I worry that I'm going to break the mirror but I haven't (so far). Move the wires over to the new mirror (this is the trickiest part) then pop the new one in. The wide angle mirrors don't have auto-dim but they do have defrost.

Reactions: mylapore
The spending never stops...
Started with a home charger. Next was replacing the hub caps, then purchasing center console organizer and protector pad. After that, a jack pad set, a spare tire and jack kit, a locking anti-rattle hitch pin, a set of all weather floor mats and a no drill front license plate holder and a set of mud flaps.
Today I just installed my roof cross bars and will try on my old Yakima Skybox for fit to ensure I can still fully open the hatch with enough clearance. Next will be tint on two front windows, wheel locks.....what's next? $$$$
What spare wheel kit did you get ?...and do you recommend it ?

I also came from Multiple Jeeps my last one a 2019 Rubicon on 37's that I have spent ungodly amounts of money on. Getting the Wall charger installed on my house has been the costliest addition for the Tesla so far. I have done a good amount so far, 3m Crystalline window tint, full mud flaps, glass screen protector, console trays, mobile connector, full floor mat set, sunshade, cupholder thing, rear fender Tesla ppf pieces. Was considering doing full front PPF but couldn't justify spending min $1600 and was worried about seeing lines and edges and such. I keep it coated and always do a good spray ceramic after every wash so hopefully it stays pretty nice. I know ill get some chips here and there and picked up some of the Tesla touch up paint. I am kinda OCD but I know even if I got the front PPF I could get chips on other places and def not spending 6-8k for full car PPF. So will just enjoy the ride!

Reactions: justlikeyours
IMO the wide angle mirrors make driving significantly safer because they eliminate (or come close to eliminating) the blind spots. The view out the back window is pathetic. I drove a Volvo 240 wagon for many years which had great visibility all around.

Also, unless you devote the right side of the display to the side and rear views, you only get the side view after you've turned on your blinker. If someone is in your blind spot when you turn on your blinker then they may well take evasive action.

BTW: the side mirrors are really easy to install. You need to turn the existing mirror all the way to one side and then reach behind it with your fingers or a pry tool and really pull/push. I worry that I'm going to break the mirror but I haven't (so far). Move the wires over to the new mirror (this is the trickiest part) then pop the new one in. The wide angle mirrors don't have auto-dim but they do have defrost.
My bad. I was thinking of the cheaper and simpler one- sticky convex mirrors.