Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What I would do to the S interior in a refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Fix the wind noise from the tiny triangular windows.
2. Get proper interior and trunk lights - why would I want to do an aftermarket in a 100k car?
3. Handles for passengers - not that I would let someone else drive my car :)
4. Agree with all who wanted more sound insulation. I see no reason why my S should not be as quiet as the S-class.
5. Coat hooks.

But more important than all give us an updated interior design. Some people get bored with cars, and want something new every 3 years. I like current exterior, just refresh the interior and I am in for another 3 year lease. Otherwise it is impossible to resist the temptation to go to model 3.

Reactions: gowthamn
Yes, I do know what it is. Tesla's connected system is superior and will continue to evolve. We already see charging station empty spots, soon the cars will talk to each other.
Car to X is mostly about traffic and safety. Report accidents, slow traffic and so on. Similar to Waze.

Rather than spending $ to redesign the interior - Tesla should add more software developers - fix the growing list of bugs
This might be what you like to see as an owner (and I 100% agree they should work on those things), but I have my doubts it will result in a low of new sales. Might increase the confidence in some to stick with Tesla when they upgrade their car, but it wouldn't really be an incentive to upgrade right now since you get the features with a OTA update.

My concern is that unless Tesla addresses their growing list of software bugs and missing features, that could start to be a drag on sales, especially when other manufacturers bring out truly competitive vehicles (so far, that isn't the Bolt).

Though... If Tesla treated their software like they do their hardware - and really tried to make their software the market leader, the onboard software might have a positive impact on sales. There's so much unrealized potential in a car that has large touchscreen displays and constant internet connectivity...

Figure out how to put those center arm rest cup holders further apart. Maybe add grab handles so grabby owners will finally be happy. And definitely adjustable seat belt height on the pillar, as I've heard from plenty of folks who could benefit from that. And if not already done (mine is a 2014, and things have changed since then), fix the seat squeaking against the center console.

To be honest, I don't really care much about any of that for myself, but I think it would make others happier.

EDIT: Okay, one thing I would like, but it's more technology than interior really. I still want an aux in port for audio.