Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what changes came in the 2021 refresh and how do i know the used car i am after is a refreshed model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at buying a 7 seat model x from the uk approved tesla network and there are a couple of 21 plate models. they appear identical however to the 2019 models on that site. how do i know a model is the newer refreshed model (the pictures do not show the interior cabin)

Tesla did not manufacture many model X’s in 2021. Some of the model X’s made at the end of 2020 received 2021 VIN’s. They were the vertical screen legacy version.

It wasn’t until late 2021 that the refreshed model X was produced. I thought that the very first ones had 2021 VINs, but I recently heard that no, the refreshed cars started with 2022 VIN.

There are a lot of changes in the refresh. The one that first comes to my mind if you can’t see the interior is whether it lists that it has ventilated seats. There were no ventilated seats during that general time frame in the pre-refresh model X’s.

Reactions: Genie
I am looking at buying a 7 seat model x from the uk approved tesla network and there are a couple of 21 plate models. they appear identical however to the 2019 models on that site. how do i know a model is the newer refreshed model (the pictures do not show the interior cabin)
The front bumpers are slightly different. Older versions have what I will call three slashes on lower part of the front bumper plastic on both ends. Refresh models have a cleaner treatment of the ends of the front bumper. It is difficult to see in the photos on the web site, but very obvious if you know what to look for.

Reactions: JBT66