Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is a Tesla Service Appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - Happy start of Q3! I picked my M3P up yesterday and I have logged three minor defects during the PDI checks, which are now booked into the Tesla Service App for end of July.

I'm wondering however if the booking at end of July is to resolve, or just assess, the issues. I'm guessing the answer is something like "they'll assess and resolve if easy enough, else book for a follow-up appointment?" however wondering if anyone has any experience of this?

For context, the PDI defects identified are;

1) Small scratch (7mm) on the steering wheel - Hoping they can simply replace the front part of the steering wheel?
2) Small paint chip on drivers side next to headlight - Hoping this is a simple touch-up?
3) Passenger side front parking sensor not flush to the body/bumper of the car - Hoping this is just a push-it-and-see job!

Reactions: Durzel
They will Adès through the app if you took photos. Probably advise you to go to a bodyshop for the chip and replace the wheel. They replaced the back of my passanger side front seat. For a 10mm scratch. Unfortunately soon after my kid then put his shoes against it but Hay ho. It happens.

The apointment is for them to take your car do any fixes and send you away if they can't. If they think or know they can within a week you should get a loaner car. I did for a week went from a 3 to a s.

Usually if you picked up your car and they see the problem along with you at the pickup. Tesla will booked it in when you sign the papers and book a SC visit. You will then leave it there for them to fix. (They may say only a day to fix). Some others have been given Uber credit to taxi around.

You will usually get a courtesy car (i have on both SC visits. MS 70D first SC visit and had for a weekend, MX P100D on second visit that i had for over 3 weeks, got it back yesterday).

Sounds/looks like its Birmingham SC you are going too? Call 0121 368 0645 and press option 5, they usually pick up straight away :). You can ask if they will pre-assess or if they are doing a fix that day, also you can ask them if you will get a courtesy car, if not, ask them to book one for you. This may change your date but worth it in my opinion.

Big Note - If you do get a loaner - check you have a Type 2 charge cable. I didn't and was nearly stuck as the MX only uses type 2 or SuC's and could not use CCS! A friend loaned me his Type 2 for 3 weeks.

I would imagine every SC is different, unfortunately.

Bristol SC touched up a couple of tiny paint chips on my drivers door on the day of the appointment. Did a decent enough job.

Parking sensor might be fixed on the day, if it is a case of simply playing about with it a bit.

Steering wheel part would likely need to be ordered in and they won't order it until they see the car, nor I imagine are they likely to have it in stock but I could be wrong. Possibly a remote chance they could swap it off another car, but don't know if they would do that.

Oh, and congratulations on the purchase! :)