Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHAT IS PTC REWORK? I WAS QUOTED $330

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PTC - positive temperature coefficient heating element. It has been a weak link in early S’s and 3’s. There are pending legal issues as some folks believe it should be covered by the battery warranty given the location of the module. It costs 2k to fix in the S’s and over 1k in the 3’s… Sounds like Tesla is now doing what a normal repair shop would do: make the needed repairs without replacing everything. In so doing, the price went down and they are trying to get this weak point (and the warranty issue) off the radar.

A video to learn about the PTC or even to learn to do it yourself (300 is a better deal).

PTC - positive temperature coefficient heating element. It has been a weak link in early S’s and 3’s. There are pending legal issues as some folks believe it should be covered by the battery warranty given the location of the module. It costs 2k to fix in the S’s and over 1k in the 3’s… Sounds like Tesla is now doing what a normal repair shop would do: make the needed repairs without replacing everything. In so doing, the price went down and they are trying to get this weak point (and the warranty issue) off the radar.

A video to learn about the PTC or even to learn to do it yourself (300 is a better deal).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109-074300-836.png
    Screenshot_20240109-074300-836.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 42
I'll let you guys know tommrow, they are trying charge me over 2k saying I need a new headlamp for them to flash the ptc software on my car. Yes a new headlight I already confirmed the ptc heater software code installs even with a bad headlamp on service mode.

• Informative
Reactions: Gtech
I'll let you guys know tommrow, they are trying charge me over 2k saying I need a new headlamp for them to flash the ptc software on my car. Yes a new headlight I already confirmed the ptc heater software code installs even with a bad headlamp on service mode.
I did a software reinstall and I'm running latest firmware, as of now and the ptc heater software installed. They said this even though my car was running latest software version little bit confused
Screenshot_20240121-115853-344.png

I did a software reinstall and I'm running latest firmware, as of now and the ptc heater software installed. They said this even though my car was running latest software version little bit confused View attachment 1010999