Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the Appointment Request procedure at Service Centres?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Wednesday I created a Service Request via my app to check/repair one of my cameras, but the request has stuck at the "Preparation" stage, saying Tesla will contact me soon, but it is now 2 days later and no response to the request or chat message.

Is this typical?

Can I just turn up there and speak to someone in person? (Bristol SC)

You used to be able to select a date and time window as well as the centre or ranger visit. But it looks like they’ve removed the ability to select then ‘when’. I have a service request open and have no idea if it’s even being looked at now.

On Wednesday I created a Service Request via my app to check/repair one of my cameras, but the request has stuck at the "Preparation" stage, saying Tesla will contact me soon, but it is now 2 days later and no response to the request or chat message.

Is this typical?

Can I just turn up there and speak to someone in person? (Bristol SC)

If you've followed up on the chat and another day has passed without response then (if it were me) I would call in if it's a convenient distance. Though they'll likely tell you they have nobody who you can speak to you can still insist that a message is passed on (you are entitled to a response after all) ... behind the scenes the SC will be full of actual humans and in my own experience they've actually been very helpful! (speaking for Edinburgh Service Centre).

Reactions: garycat
Had the same experience this week - logged a service call on the app on Wednesday, no reply since, appears stuck at "prep" stage. I chased up a response on the app, still nothing.

I fixed the issue myself (the boot was misaligned and leaking after an earlier repair), so I asked Tesla to cancel the request. No response to that either.

I wonder if the app's service function is broken.

You used to be able to select a date and time window as well as the centre or ranger visit. But it looks like they’ve removed the ability to select then ‘when’. I have a service request open and have no idea if it’s even being looked at now.
Yeah you don’t choose a date up front now, you just open a request and then at some point you will get an estimate and/or follow up messages and at that point you can actually choose a date.

Aww heck. Is this really what booking service has devolved to now?

Mind the last few service visits I’ve booked have been cancelled and rescheduled by Tesla at the eleventh hour (the day before) even when booked weeks in advance. Totally frustrating.

This is the type of malarkey that frankly pisses people off long term.

Reactions: Sixer
For what it’s with my limited experience of the new system it doesn’t really seem worse. I haven’t needed to book anything substantial, though, and I imagine service centres are different in terms of quality of service.

I suppose the biggest problem is that because you don’t book a date up front, there’s no deadline for them to have to respond, so you could potentially open a service request and find nothing happens at all for several days.

I have used Tesla Bristol a few times. My car is currently having a front motor replaced there. Been in there 10 days so far. They are a new SC and have a big back log. They will contact you once they diagnose the issue remotely. They may also be checking on part availability. As it’s not something critical to driving you are not a priority.

Another issue with the SC is that it doesn’t have 3 phase power to the building yet, this means they are limited on their power demand. You can’t even use the hand dryers in the toilet for this reason 😂. They only have half of their basic Tesla wall chargers working and they only output 7kw per hour - same as at my house.

They are blaming this on the power board but it seems bonkers to me. I have a feeling they can’t use all their ramps etc for this very reason.

I have used Tesla Bristol a few times. My car is currently having a front motor replaced there. Been in there 10 days so far. They are a new SC and have a big back log. They will contact you once they diagnose the issue remotely. They may also be checking on part availability. As it’s not something critical to driving you are not a priority.

Another issue with the SC is that it doesn’t have 3 phase power to the building yet, this means they are limited on their power demand. You can’t even use the hand dryers in the toilet for this reason 😂. They only have half of their basic Tesla wall chargers working and they only output 7kw per hour - same as at my house.

They are blaming this on the power board but it seems bonkers to me. I have a feeling they can’t use all their ramps etc for this very reason.

Hmm I wonder if I can change to Cardiff instead. Incredible that the old Wickes building only has single phase!

Being pedantic but Bristol isn’t a new SC, it’s just new premises for them (the Lysander Road building is still used). They’ve been around for years.

Interesting that they don’t have 3 phase though, bizarre really since surely that’s the sort of thing that ought to get provisioned and installed before pretty much anything else, given it might involve digging up the site. As you say - bonkers.

In my experience with service bookings in the last few months (mobile and at the SC), the appointment process seems to be automated and isn’t looked at by a person until 24-48 hours before the scheduled appointment.

If the request is for a relatively common issue that is categorised in the app, you’re allocated an appointment quickly, but it won’t be “eyeballed” by a person until closer to the appointment. At that point I’m guessing that inventory stock is checked, and the appointment moved if stock isn’t available.

So it maybe stuck at Preparation stage while it’s waiting for a person to check details.

While in Norwich for Easter, on April 9th Easter Sunday I submitted a service request for a general service (at the 1 year mark but wanted some peace of mind as will be doing a lot of mileage this year), wheel alignment (car drifts to the right) and potentially a new passenger side rear wheel due to the side wall being cut - the latter two issues were thanks to pot hole damage. Once submitted it went straight from 'Preparing' to 'Cost Estimate' and then it proceeded to allow me to schedule a service appointment at the local Norwich service centre. I was about to select Tuesday April 11th at 9am, the day we were due to travel back to Bath, but hesitated and sat on it for a bit, after about 30 minutes of deliberation (read Wife was angry at me for not successfully dodging potholes on the motorway at 70mph), I went back into the app to accept the estimate and book a slot it, however by that time all the Tuesday slots had gone, so instead chose Bristol for April 17th.

On April 12th I received a call from the service centre in Bristol. They said that a general service wasn't necessary but I insisted regardless seeing as it was going to be in for wheel alignment. I also said I wanted the wheel to be inspected and would take their guidance on whether the wheel would need replacing or not (the person I spoke to said it was difficult to tell from the photos without looking at it in person). They then said they'd put it through and revised the estimate (revised to £778 from £49), but would need to reschedule to April 18th as they'd need to order in replacement parts (wipers and filter). Fingers crossed it doesn't get rescheduled!

They said that a general service wasn't necessary

Sounds like you are set up, but I use Cleevely - they are mobile EV service (and much closer to you, than to me ...) and will do the service on your drive / work carpark

It may well be that they won't do wheel alignment, and I don't know about tyre replacement ... but if you find you need an alterative, or want a comparison quote, they might be worth a call.

YouTube channel too

• Informative
Reactions: Rirawin
Had my M3P MOT & serviced (3 years) by Cleevely recently. Seemed to be pretty cost competitive all things considered.

Only slight annoyance was that one of their techs left some oil/grease stains on my white drivers seat. When I collected the car it had a disposable seat cover on it, but there was Sentry footage showing a tech walking up to the car with my keycard to move it, without carrying any cover. :(

They did apologise for it, and it wouldn't stop me using them again, but it did take the shine off of the experience a little bit as I had to give it a bit of a scrub with baby wipes to get it off.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Had my M3P MOT & serviced (3 years) by Cleevely recently. Seemed to be pretty cost competitive all things considered.

Only slight annoyance was that one of their techs left some oil/grease stains on my white drivers seat. When I collected the car it had a disposable seat cover on it, but there was Sentry footage showing a tech walking up to the car with my keycard to move it, without carrying any cover. :(

They did apologise for it, and it wouldn't stop me using them again, but it did take the shine off of the experience a little bit as I had to give it a bit of a scrub with baby wipes to get it off.

Just for possible future info as a fellow white seat owner, saw this recommended here recently for cleaning the seats and can confirm it works well…

Just for possible future info as a fellow white seat owner, saw this recommended here recently for cleaning the seats and can confirm it works well…

Thanks, will keep that in mind. I had the car detailed a while back and at the time it had some treatment on the seats. I’d like to think that made it easier to get the stain off, but it still requires some determined wiping.

Reactions: Masklin
I have had a Service Request in for over a week now for my new'ish MYP with NO response - when i chase, I get an email saying its being looked at by servive technicians & they will come back to me - in the meantime, my rear camera has stopped working so there is no 'cruise control' or any automation available & no 'park assist'. Its yet another nail in the coffin of Tesla ownership for me I'm afraid