Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the consensus for high quality Uberturbine covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought the Hansshow Uberturbine covers off Amazon and they're horrible... They don't clip on very well and some of them are warped. Is there a decent brand out there that makes quality covers?
There are generally two basic styles, as mentioned in this post.
Uberturbine Wheel Market Price Going Up?

The Hansshow one (with a lip that goes all around) seems to be the less common style. The more common style is the type where the spoke goes all the way to the edge.

Mine clip on very well, perhaps too well (very hard to remove). As I did with the OEM ones, I had to apply lube to the plastic bits on the center ring to make it more easy to snap in and out.

They are all typically made of ABS and likely from the same mold, so I don't imagine there would be any huge difference in quality no matter what brand you buy from. That said, I didn't notice warping on mine (where did yours warp?). It could be possible your style is less thick than the style that is more common.

The only other option that perhaps is higher quality is the original Orbital covers (available in black and silver) that were the first third party covers to come out:
Orbital Wheel Covers for Tesla Model 3

Reactions: cylonmode
There are generally two basic styles, as mentioned in this post.
Uberturbine Wheel Market Price Going Up?

The Hansshow one (with a lip that goes all around) seems to be the less common style. The more common style is the type where the spoke goes all the way to the edge.

Mine clip on very well, perhaps too well (very hard to remove). As I did with the OEM ones, I had to apply lube to the plastic bits on the center ring to make it more easy to snap in and out.

They are all typically made of ABS and likely from the same mold, so I don't imagine there would be any huge difference in quality no matter what brand you buy from. That said, I didn't notice warping on mine (where did yours warp?). It could be possible your style is less thick than the style that is more common.

The only other option that perhaps is higher quality is the original Orbital covers (available in black and silver) that were the first third party covers to come out:
Orbital Wheel Covers for Tesla Model 3

I'm actually going to try the lube idea. The centers feel like they don't want to go in very well when aligned properly. The palm of my hand hurts from trying to snap them in place, and some of the metal pieces on the snaps keep popping off. Def not as smooth as the OEM Aero Covers.

I'm actually going to try the lube idea. The centers feel like they don't want to go in very well when aligned properly. The palm of my hand hurts from trying to snap them in place, and some of the metal pieces on the snaps keep popping off. Def not as smooth as the OEM Aero Covers.
The centers on mine also are very hard to go in. If they are not fully seated, I can see why your cover would be warped. Basically I had to apply lube (I used Super Lube oil) where the plastic interfaces with the center wheel hub. Basically applied lube on the surface of the 5 plastic hooks/tabs, so that those can slide into the hub of the wheel more easily.

Also you need to move the metal ring so that it engages with all 5 tabs. You can see even in this picture, the topmost tab is not fully engaged with the metal ring. That's another thing that can cause the center to not be able to go in properly.

S3858891466f9484d8fd4a1615531a0aaw.jpg

We bought ours from Yeslak
Great vendor
Covers are amazing
We swap them on and off the M3 19’s for the two looks (BTW the covers protect the rims, buy one spare black cover, you never know)
No issue at all with the on off on cycles
On, wow
1700456071634.png

Off, we removed the black center cover
Like the silver contrast from the black
1700456130428.png

I’m partial to the overall black, MS copy
1700456199886.png

I just added from Yeslak a carbon fiber spoiler
Looks even more like an S

Quick note I heard
If you drive info deep water/puddle of say 4-5 inches, the water movement can knockoff the covers without you knowing
Either don’t go through such water 👍
Or go slow, stop and look behind once through
They might be floating in the muck