Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the efficient way to contact service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi

I just brought a new model 3 about a month back. I noticed last week that the black plastic cover underneath the car has come loose and almost touches the road.

I tried to call the Tesla service center about 15 times now but nobody picks up and returns the call. Overall my experience with contacting service or support at Tesla has been nothing short of a nightmare. Looks like Tesla is only bothered to sell the car and thereafter no service or support.

Regards
S

• Love
Reactions: jeffro01
hi

I just brought a new model 3 about a month back. I noticed last week that the black plastic cover underneath the car has come loose and almost touches the road.

I tried to call the Tesla service center about 15 times now but nobody picks up and returns the call. Overall my experience with contacting service or support at Tesla has been nothing short of a nightmare. Looks like Tesla is only bothered to sell the car and thereafter no service or support.

Regards
S

Welcome!

The best way to schedule service is from the Tesla app on your phone.

931111CC-E690-4255-8091-855E371DE488.jpeg

Reactions: cgrubbe
I generally go to the service centre to book an appointment. Partly because it's faster & easier than the phone and partly because I get a chance to discuss my concern and partly because it's good to get to know someone there.

If it is a simple thing, you can book from the app as well.

In the current state of Tesla, the only way is to make an appointment. There are multiple threads regarding communication issues or lack of any way to communicate.

While in service if you have further questions or nobody is getting back to you via text for an update (probably will happen), the only way is to physically go to the service center.

One other option that some have used is to call the service line, choose options that state your car is undrivable, then try to get them to transfer you to someone. YMMW with this one.

There used to be a chat service, but it has vanished... Pretty sad state of affairs depending on your service center.

This is part of the reason why people with legitimate roadside emergencies have trouble getting through to Tesla.

Makes sense. Haven't done it myself and hopefully, Tesla learns from this because not having any option to speak or chat with anyone is hurting everybody. Having to cry wolf or 911 just to speak with someone is not good for customer relations as the app doesn't solve anything other than making an appointment.