Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this little number? [from 2019]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the get-go there has always been a "1" in the upper right corner of the Tesla app icon, now I have a "3". What does this tell me? I’m not seeing any messages in my in-box, so???

Tesla Icon Numbers.jpg

What notifications do you have turned on?
Normal notifications for me would look something like:
Charging started at 0:30 with battery at 57%
Charging complete at 02:47 with battery at 80%

A third one might be:
A Software Update is Available

which would make sense, 28.3.1 has been rolling out over the last couple days.

• Informative
Reactions: Sky-Pilot
What notifications do you have turned on?
Normal notifications for me would look something like:
Charging started at 0:30 with battery at 57%
Charging complete at 02:47 with battery at 80%

A third one might be:
A Software Update is Available

which would make sense, 28.3.1 has been rolling out over the last couple days.

You're correct. I looked and I had three, two of which were the charge started and charge ended notifications, not sure what the third is, it's always there. But the other two cleared pretty easy.

Thanks for everyone's response.

This is an Android thing and they're called "notification dots" that can exist in any app. I get them for my Gmail. You can adjust them in the App & Notification settings for Tesla under Notifications then 'Advanced' then toggle 'Allow notification dot'. It's just an alternate way of knowing you have notifications within an app or if you want to avoid popup notifications and such but still be aware there are notifications within the app. They don't necessarily have to be an inbox/email notification either, they can just be a notification of any type within the app that they coded as such. Check your loot box in the app at the top right maybe. If it's glowing then there might be a notification in there about referral codes which will go away after you open it.

From the get-go there has always been a "1" in the upper right corner of the Tesla app icon, now I have a "3". What does this tell me? I’m not seeing any messages in my in-box, so???

View attachment 444659
Greetings Sky-Pilot!

For Android users these are "App icon badges" and are set for each application. They show how many unread notifications you have for a specific application. Here is how you can remove "App icon badges" from your Tesla app on your Android device.

1. Drag down from the top of the screen to show your your system tray
2. Tap the Gear icon in the upper right
3. Tap the Notifications section to show the App notifications
4. Tap the More option to show all your applications
5. Scroll down to the Tesla app and tap it to open the settings
6. Tap the App icon badges option to turn this off or on

This will work for any of your applications where you do not wish to see the number of outstanding notifications for an application.

Kindest Regards,

Jaes