TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What is this mysterious Tesla place?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by kdcdds, Jun 24, 2018.

?

What is this mysterious place

1. regional repair center

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Used inventory center

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kdcdds

kdcdds New Member

Ok, so I am new to Tesla, with the purchase of a model x from a friend that was transferred to Europe.

But, as I was driving around Salt Lake City today, I found this place. Does anyone know what this place is? It does not show up on the Tesla map. The chargers do not show up either on the charging network. There were 6 chargers out front, all were occupied and nobody was there. There were probably 50+ Tesla’s in
    The parking lot.

Is this possibly a regional repair center, hub for used inventory, etc?

Also, there is a dark maroon model x in the back. A color of which is not available on the website from Tesla. I have included 2 photos of it as well

Attached Files:

2. kdcdds

kdcdds New Member

Attached Files:

3. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

I believe I recall hearing that Tesla bought and opened a much larger facility “down the street a ways” from their original store in SLC. This new facility is for service and I think they process a large # of CPOs there. Don’t quote me.

4. kdcdds

kdcdds New Member

there were also some pretty nice autos in the back of the facility. there was a masarati, a few audi's, and a few mercedes. perhaps these are some sort of trade in autos or something? i am not really sure. but, it was awesome to see all of the different models, colors, etc. nicer than any tesla showroom that i have ever been to before.

• Informative x 1
  5. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

May be this location was an exotic super car dealer and Tesla got a new lease, but the former tenant didn't found yet a new location.
    In San Francisco, the recently opened Tesla flagship showroom was the home of Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus, Pagani, Lexus LC...
    and I read that the second floor of the building is still used as a repair shop for those luxurious sport cars until a new location get available.

6. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Active Member

#6 Bet TSLA, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    It's the SLC service center.

Find Us | Tesla