Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this mystery box?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did my motor oil change yesterday and found this odd box which was sitting on top of one of the under panels. It has double sided tape stuff that fell off somewhere.

Two odd looking wires which are capped off and don't look like stock wiring, however the box is plugged into the proper car harness.

Does anyone have an idea what it is??

IMG_20190221_152805.jpg
IMG_20190221_152749.jpg

Got it, thanks guys. Interestingly my car (base S 2014) does not show the tire pressures on the display. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm wondering if something is up with the box or the transmitters in the wheels. I'll have to investigate..

Does not answer your question but the "Velcro" is actually high temp 3M brand Dual Lock. I have seen it in the Frunk area, and it is in the Tesla EPC.

Used to be hard to find, now at Lowe's and HD. Properly installed, very durable and good for over 200 deg F. One fatal flaw, needs 24 hrs at RT stuck to clean surface before you can take it apart. The clear dual lock does not have this problem.

Got it, thanks guys. Interestingly my car (base S 2014) does not show the tire pressures on the display. I haven't looked into it yet but I'm wondering if something is up with the box or the transmitters in the wheels. I'll have to investigate..

The old cars with the original TPMS system don't display the tire pressures, it only provides an alert when one is low.

You would only get individual pressures if the entire system, sensors/etc., was replaced with the new version.