Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this part called?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Model S - Anyone know what this part is called and why it comes off? I can’t get it back on so I am thinking I need to buy a replacement and give that a shot.

Attachments

• 717D21B7-0ACD-4878-888E-237C4E11CE7D.jpeg
    717D21B7-0ACD-4878-888E-237C4E11CE7D.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 120
I'd call it a rocker panel, and it looks bwoke. Shouldn't be too expensive since it's plastic, though that's relative.

As to "why" it comes off, well, probably just because parts come off. I doubt it was intended to come off, but it looks like you drove over something, like a curb, and pulled it loose.

2015 Model S - Anyone know what this part is called and why it comes off? I can’t get it back on so I am thinking I need to buy a replacement and give that a shot.

i have the same problem with this piece on both sides of my car, but not as big of a gap as yours No matter how I tried to push them in, there's still gap, not like before. I'm thinking of changing this changing the whole rocker panel but it's kind of hard to find one in good condition online or junk yard. Anyone knows if we can just replace this small piece without changing the whole rocker panel ?