Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 MS bumper hit and run, i am so updet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked car at the community parking lot and gone for a week. When I came back, this happened.

So upset. This was my only time parked outside and it happened.

IMG_1385.jpeg

This should involve bumper replacement, correct?

I can't even imagine how much this would cost and not sure if it's worth spending that much on 2015 vehicle.

What are my options?

Thanks for reading.

You would only need a certified shop if the damage involved more than just body panel and bumper repair/replacement. Some local Tesla centers also do this now. I guess you didn't have Sentry active? Good the headlamp assembly looks OK.

insurance involved? take it certified location and pick it up when done (shouldn't take too long).. they will charge thousands to insurance
no insurance involved? take it anywhere, get it fixed for 500ish and then have Tesla mobile come out to ensure sensors are working fine

Relatively easy fix if the bumper did not detached from the body. That bumper upper section has one screw fixing point, so if not damaged you’re good. Does the car sense any errors on the USS side? Like suggested, ask nearby reputable paint shop for respray.

Sorry to hear this happening. I gather no dashcam was installed to record what happened.

Tesla used to have pre-painted bumpers stocked that could easily be swapped out. Don't know if they still do this, but could be cheaper than having the existing bumper repaired and repainted. It's also a small job for Tesla with the pre-painted bumper - maybe an hour of work.