Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this wire for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
I have a wire dangling in the passenger footwell area of my 2017 S. Any ideas what it is for and where it should be connected? I don’t recall seeing it in 5 years of ownership. ❓❓❓
ADFE54F7-0702-434E-9EE1-454FED47634D.jpeg

If it were me, I'd try to find out where it used to be plugged into and put it back. Other than that, you might try to find out what's NOT working. I'd guess an appointment with Tesla might solve the issue, too, but I'd play with it first.

If I were in Phoenix and you were anywhere close I'd try to meet up with you but I'm not at this point. Surely there are some owners in your area who would be glad to troubleshoot with you. Anyone??

Looks like the wire to the footwell LED light. Check to see if yours is working. It's pretty easy to pop out the light and plug it back in if needed.
Yeah, that's 100% the connector for the little lights that go in the footwell as well as several other places throughout the car. Likely it fell down from below the glovebox where the passenger side footwell light lives.