Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS: SC01, SC04, SC05 / are all potentially transferable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have been shopping SC01 S or X;
just learned from 2017 S 100D SC05 2nd owner
that I, as 3rd owner, could continue FUSC if
keeping account same, but OK to change
its name, address, email, & I assume, password.
How many SCxx codes are FUSC?
What are they? ❓😱❓😱❓
Over what years do they extend & how risky is
this scheme? Was told original owner can't
interfere even if they wanted to after sale(s).
Thanks in advance. regards.

The "transfer supercharging under the table by changing account information" discussion has happened here previously. Here is one such thread you can review:

Trying to reuse the seller‘s account is a bad idea (especially for the seller), and it doesn’t necessarily prevent Tesla from finding out about the ownership change. If Tesla thinks the car is still owned by the seller after you buy it, the seller could say their account was hacked and get the account back.

What the seller is describing for anything other than SC01 code likely would be considered fraud, i.e., deception for the purpose of financial gain as you've attempted to hide the vehicle ownership transfer from Tesla for the purpose of retain a free benefit that is not eligible for transfer.

Reactions: Yurand
I hate this logic. Like Tesla hasn't defrauded people before?
You may hate the logic, but it is what I believe applies with this practice.

Whether Tesla has always acted in a responsible way towards customers in all cases is a totally different question than the one that was asked I(including how I feel they treated me on my purchase of a prepaid maintenance agreement when they "removed" required maintenance items which where priced into my agreement without compensation).

You are always free to have a different view, keeping in mind the potential implications.