TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What is your Daily power drain when not charging

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by T.E.S.L.A, Mar 29, 2017.

1. T.E.S.L.A

T.E.S.L.A Member

My Model X drains about 4% battery life daily if not plugged in.

I lose about 12km per day.

2. Vmax

Vmax Member

about 2% for P85+

3. Kwat

Kwat Member

Power drain on my X is about 2-3 miles of range after charging stop . This is way better than the old vampire drain that plagued model S in the old days. Tesla fixed that problem .

4. Frogwheels

Frogwheels Member

#4 Frogwheels, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    With Energy Saving Mode turned ON and "Always Connected" unticked my X 90D is losing 13-15km/day.

Just remembered signing up for teslalog.com - the constant API calls to the car might be causing the large drain. Disabled it now, hope it reduces drain to normal levels.

5. smtung

smtung Member

why car doesn't seems to lose charge for some reason.maybe1-2km per day,sometimes 0

6. mattse

mattse Member

My S60 lost ~3 km per day with both Energy Saving Mode and "Always Connected" turned on. No experience on X so I couldn't comment

To prevent vampire drain
    • let the car sleep like a baby, only connect to the car when there is a need (e.g. turn on air-con before driving). It takes some time (forgot how long) for the car to go into "deep sleep" which uses less energy. Connecting to the car (via app) apparently keeps the car awake and prevents "deep sleep", so leave your car alone and let it has some good rest before your next drive
    • keep your cabin cool right before you leave the car, especially if you are parking under the sun. It is not difficult for the cabin to reach 40'C and activate the Cabin Overheat Protection. In HK we don't usually leave kids or pets in our cars, this Cabin Overheat Protection consumes your energy for nothing. Usually the cabin will be cool as the air-con is on until you leave, if not, open the door and let some cool air in