Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your favorite all-round vehicle you've owned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a soft spot for vehicles that do it all. I'd have to say the best all around vehicle my family has owned is, oddly, an Astro van. It is so usable for the size. Comfortably seats 6 people and will carry up to 8, carries many sheets of drywall with the doors closed. Tows a trailer. Short and easy to position on the road compared to larger modern vehicles. Dead simple engine and transmission. The caveat? Access to the mechanicals is a pain, but we are used to it now. No modern van or SUV comes close to it in total usability, they all have some compromises so we keep it around. Not glamorous, but it works well. This vehicle has ruined pickups for me.

On another note, we had a Tiguan on loan for a few days and we liked it. Spacious inside, reasonable and comfortable ride height, nice set of available features. It's just nothing fancy, and so slow!

What other vehicles are out there that you've really enjoyed for these reasons?

Without a doubt, M3
20230709_174059.jpg

All EVs? Nissan Leaf?
Yes, even a 1st generation Leaf (VIN low 2000's). I proved it once when I had to follow a Lamborghini following a minivan onto an up-hill interstate onramp. The Lambo passed the minivan and I pulled around too, chasing him up the grade. When he saw that eco-box on his bumper, he suddenly had to floor it. Yes, he blew me away but he had sat up and taken notice.
When we went on vacation, I loaned it to friends who were thinking about going EV. She drove it all week. After they gave it back to us, she went back to her Honda. She got a little way down the road and pulled over. She called her husband, concerned that there was something wrong with the Honda - it was so sluggish :)

Yes, even a 1st generation Leaf (VIN low 2000's). I proved it once when I had to follow a Lamborghini following a minivan onto an up-hill interstate onramp. The Lambo passed the minivan and I pulled around too, chasing him up the grade. When he saw that eco-box on his bumper, he suddenly had to floor it. Yes, he blew me away but he had sat up and taken notice.
When we went on vacation, I loaned it to friends who were thinking about going EV. She drove it all week. After they gave it back to us, she went back to her Honda. She got a little way down the road and pulled over. She called her husband, concerned that there was something wrong with the Honda - it was so sluggish :)
Sports cars are not defined by acceleration alone. One example: the Accord 2.0T is about as quick to 60 as the Nissan 370z, but one is a sports car and one is not. Another example: a Ford Explorer ST is quick but not a sports car. By that metric, the F150 Lightening is not a sports car either.

A sports car is a package including acceleration, handling, a connected feeling, and might imply a certain body style. A Nissan Leaf might have some instant torque but is not a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Sports cars are not defined by acceleration alone. One example: the Accord 2.0T is about as quick to 60 as the Nissan 370z, but one is a sports car and one is not. Another example: a Ford Explorer ST is quick but not a sports car. By that metric, the F150 Lightening is not a sports car either.

A sports car is a package including acceleration, handling, a connected feeling, and might imply a certain body style. A Nissan Leaf might have some instant torque but is not a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
Details. The Leaf can definitely out perform a lot of secretary cars though. I'd never accuse the Leaf of being a sports car but it does have some of the qualities that sports car aficianados crave that most ICE cars that aren't sports cars don't have.
Let's just say that our Leaf was purchased to take the load off of our Roadster as my daily driver and I did not feel I was taking a huge step backward.

Reactions: Zythryn
Details. The Leaf can definitely out perform a lot of secretary cars though. I'd never accuse the Leaf of being a sports car but it does have some of the qualities that sports car aficianados crave that most ICE cars that aren't sports cars don't have.
Let's just say that our Leaf was purchased to take the load off of our Roadster as my daily driver and I did not feel I was taking a huge step backward.
Definitely, keep the roadster minty.

Reactions: Earl

Those that don't have like to bicker, justify, or insert any other online pissing contest. Those that have...(like my McLaren and when I had other exotics) do not care of others opinions of said situation. Truth. You're in a Leaf. I'm in a McLaren. :cool:👍

I’m kind of a weird guy but my current daily driver, and it has been for nearly two years, is a Ferrari Testarossa. The Model 3 is mostly my wife’s car now. I haven’t driven it in months. I drive the TR everywhere, to the supermarket, 2am Waffle House runs, picking up my kid from school, down to my favorite fishing spots etc. I even did a Lowe’s pickup in it recently—got a lot of funny looks with a roll of wire mesh hanging out the window.

Reactions: SQ97 and N0sferatU
I’m kind of a weird guy but my current daily driver, and it has been for nearly two years, is a Ferrari Testarossa. The Model 3 is mostly my wife’s car now. I haven’t driven it in months. I drive the TR everywhere, to the supermarket, 2am Waffle House runs, picking up my kid from school, down to my favorite fishing spots etc. I even did a Lowe’s pickup in it recently—got a lot of funny looks with a roll of wire mesh hanging out the window.

Hell yeah dude. Drives me nuts how many people are afraid of racking up miles on an exotic. Put 1,000 miles in 3 weeks on my 720S. :p :eek:

Hell yeah dude. Drives me nuts how many people are afraid of racking up miles on an exotic. Put 1,000 miles in 3 weeks on my 720S. :p :eek:
100% agree. I can’t understand why so many people are afraid of putting miles on them in order to save them for the next guy. Some people are so ridiculous they trailer them to car meets. I bought the car to drive, not to look at it setting in my garage. Plus, when they’re driven they’re a lot less problematic. Yes, it’s not very practical and maintenance is expensive but it’s about living your best life every day.

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Jim Glickenhaus (Ferrari Collector)