Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of connection is this ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May I kindly ask ? Can I use this ?

If so, will it deliver more than 13A ?

It’s widely available for free in Portugal

B79A0620-FDA9-4FF4-8AB5-44E4C26ABD73.jpeg

It's a 3 phase commando socket. Model Y UMCs in Europe don't support 3 phase (older ones on the MS and MX did) so you'd probably need a convertor to pick off one phase and then the 16A commando adaptor for your UMC.

Commando sockets change size depending on current, you can get 16A and 32A versions for the UMC. Make sure the car doesn't try to take more than supply can deliver when using convertors.

If you need more info, I'd ask in one of the European subforums, just pick one thats quite active.

It's a 3 phase commando socket. Model Y UMCs in Europe don't support 3 phase (older ones on the MS and MX did) so you'd probably need a convertor to pick off one phase and then the 16A commando adaptor for your UMC.

Commando sockets change size depending on current, you can get 16A and 32A versions for the UMC. Make sure the car doesn't try to take more than supply can deliver when using convertors.

If you need more info, I'd ask in one of the European subforums, just pick one thats quite active.
Thanks George … appreciated

It's a three phase plug with L1 L2 L3 N and PE, as someone already noticed. Any three phase EVSE will use it, from the photo I can't figure if it's a 16 A, 11 kW plug or a 32 A, 22 kW. The S and X gen1 UMC have a red 5 pin small plug for 11 kW. Early Model S could be ordered with Dual Charger and use the full 22 kW. Current S and X go up to 17 kW. The Model 3 is only 3phase 11 kW. There are plenty of places, Hotels, and also Paradores in Spain, that have the 22 kW red plug and let you use it to charge.

Reactions: Stuart Watson