Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What kind of Wh/mi are you guys getting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm approximately 650 miles in on a LR AWD, split approximately 60 city/40 highway and am sitting at 239 Kwh. Stepping on the Go pedal here and there but using restraint for the most part. Weather has been mostly from the md-50's to 80's over the span so moderate use of A/C.

I’ve been trying to find someone who is hauling kayaks on top! What’s your estimated total range carrying two of them?

And what kind of hardware are you using to mount everything?
I use saddle (or cradle type) mounts that attach and are easily removable on the Tesla Model 3 Roof Rack. I keep cockpit covers on to reduce wind drag. I would estimate total range of about 225 mi the way I like to keep a safe cushion of charge. I base this estimate on driving 65 mph highway, averaging 270 Wh/mi, starting with a 90% charge, and stopping to Supercharge with around 10% charge remaining. I'm still learning how to manage range and err on the conservative side!

I see you are in Maine. We plan on spending some time near Wells starting Aug 2nd. Look for my Blue M3 with two tsunamis on top!

Reactions: Saturday
I use saddle (or cradle type) mounts that attach and are easily removable on the Tesla Model 3 Roof Rack. I keep cockpit covers on to reduce wind drag. I would estimate total range of about 225 mi the way I like to keep a safe cushion of charge. I base this estimate on driving 65 mph highway, averaging 270 Wh/mi, starting with a 90% charge, and stopping to Supercharge with around 10% charge remaining. I'm still learning how to manage range and err on the conservative side!

I see you are in Maine. We plan on spending some time near Wells starting Aug 2nd. Look for my Blue M3 with two tsunamis on top!

Awesome thank you for the info. I am torn between the 3 and Y. It's already a bit cumbersome to mount kayaks on a sedan. I'm hesitant to mount kayaks on an even higher vehicle. I'm also worried about the range hit on the Y particularly when the range reports from the forum here aren't as stellar as they could be.

Yes I live just outside of Portland! After you paddle just prepare yourself; the beaches are super busy these days. If you do end up coming to Portland and are wondering where to eat or drink, feel free to message me. Walking Yelp here for the Portland scene.