Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What MCU do I have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I picked up my M3 LRAWD 8/1/19. The build sticker on the door sill says it was built 7/19. Teslatap.com/mcu reports an MCU2, but also says the site hasn't been tested with Model 3 and may be inaccurate. Anything in the user agent I should be looking for?

I've seen some VIN/date lists, and it appears I'd have MCU3 based on the build date. My VIN is 5YJ3E1EB9KF441760.

What's the definitive way to find my MCU? I bought FSD and am wondering if I'm owed an MCU update at some point.

Thanks!

Bret

the MCU (master control unit) is different from the autopilot hardware version. The MCU runs the screen. What you are likely asking is "what version of autopilot hardware do I have".

This thread should be able to help you:

Definite Guide: Find out if you have HW3.0 or HW2.5

If you are on firmware 40.2.X or later, you will also have visualization of traffic cones when passed, or if you are on 40.50.X you will see things like trashcans etc in your visualization.

The hardware check is likely more definitive though

Reactions: puppers
The above for what you're likely really wanting.... but to answer the original question, every model 3 ever has MCU2.

Thanks for the answers (and gentle guidance), guys! I pulled the panel and confirmed my M3 is running AP3 based on the part number (1462554-00-H Rev01). :) I'm on the newest release 40.50.1, and I do see cones, trash cans and stoplights, as well as turn lane indicators around my car (that one was new to me).

Regards,

Bret