Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Definite Guide: Find out if you have HW3.0 or HW2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9/19 Build, Long Range AWD with Enhanced Autopilot, didn’t purchase FSD, hoping there’s another sale sometime and I’ll pull the trigger. 6k is to much for basically the addition of lane changes at this point.

Can anyone tell me if this is HW3 or 2.5? To my best understanding that is HW3. Odd thing is I only have 3 pins presently under the dash which makes me wonder if the service center messed with it on arrival

The cover on my car is also held up by 3 pins. I believe there are 5 holes.

Reactions: Judders
For now, yes. Back in October, Elon said traffic cones don’t require HW3, so I expect them to come to HW2.5 soon. Having said that, we can’t always rely on what Elon says. For example, I have a May-2019 Model 3 with HW2.5.

I have a september-2019 Model 3 with HW2.5. There is sombody on the Dutch forum with a October-2019 car with HW2.5. Both SR+ cars. My guess: because the SR+ can be deliverd as a SR, without autopilot, Tesla uses the available HW3.0 computers as much as they can in the long range cars. Otherwise it would be a bit of a waste to deliver the HW3.0 in an SR car without autopilot.

4/19 Date in Door panel, M3 LR RWD. 2019.36.2.1. Construction barrels and cones show up as bright orange cone icon. It even made one appear for a cone that was off road in a yard! Faster acceleration, and car avoided a line of cones while on Autopilot on 45mph road.

Reactions: Judders
Just for fun we put in a service request to upgrade the HW to V3 in our FSD Model 3. We have an early December service date scheduled. However, I know that doesn’t mean anything. The dates are scheduled automatically by computer but a service rep will eventually look at the request and either accept it or cancel the appointment because they are not ready to do the install yet.

Just for fun we put in a service request to upgrade the HW to V3 in our FSD Model 3. We have an early December service date scheduled. However, I know that doesn’t mean anything. The dates are scheduled automatically by computer but a service rep will eventually look at the request and either accept it or cancel the appointment because they are not ready to do the install yet.
I tried this before Thanksgiving and my request was canccelled :)

Yes, seems current easiest way assuming you have most up to date software is if you see orange traffic cones, you have HW3
I do not have FSD and see bright orange cones (they really made them stand out)

i see the cones in my dec 2019 car w/o FSD, however the latest software release notes said that stop signs should be rendered if the car has HW3 and i have yet to see a stop sign after a few days of driving in the neighborhood, where there are definitely stop signs in real life.

maybe the cones came to HW2.5 at some point?

i see the cones in my dec 2019 car w/o FSD, however the latest software release notes said that stop signs should be rendered if the car has HW3 and i have yet to see a stop sign after a few days of driving in the neighborhood, where there are definitely stop signs in real life.

maybe the cones came to HW2.5 at some point?

I think the FSD sneak peak (stop signs, lights, etc) is only for FSD purchasers with HW3.

I think the FSD sneak peak (stop signs, lights, etc) is only for FSD purchasers with HW3.

actually, i am dumb. the software update happened at night and the release notes are really difficult for me to read when the screen is in night mode. i went back and re-read the notes and i see that you need to turn this sneak peak on in order to see the stop signs, etc.

my car only has autopilot, not FSD, and the toggle switch is there, but i have not driven with it turned on yet.

It is all very confusing.
I have taken delivery of my LR AWD in june 2019 in the Netherlands. Just AP, no FSD.
After the update in november i see traffic cones, the CODEC in VLC of the sentry mode clips is 264.
I have taken a picture of the sticker on the hardware. If i compare it with sticker from people that are sure they have HW3.0 it looks the same. But i do not have visualisations. They were not in the release notes and i cannot switch them on in the settings....
Anyone have a clue ?
I am waiting with the purchase of FSD, because in the EU there are many restrictions that make FSD useless.
But it would be nice to see the visualisations, because they give a really hightech feeling of the car, which is hightech!

Attachments

• 5CF75110-2C60-4D89-803F-245D68539588.jpeg
    5CF75110-2C60-4D89-803F-245D68539588.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 158