Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What other cars besides your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has a Volvo XC60, which I am hoping will be replaced by a Model 3 if I can convince her. Otherwise it will be replaced by a Model Y in some number of years' time.
If she likes Volvo, stick with Volvo. Safest cars on the road.
They also pass the frontal offset collision which accounts for a quarter of collision injury accidents.

What do you think of the i3? did you get one with range extender?l

The i3 is no Tesla, but it's a great little car. It's a fun car and I enjoy zipping around in it. I did NOT get the REX. To me, that's a big waste of money and it is for amateurs. I think it costs around $4200 and it adds 300lbs of weight. The extra weight adds about 1-second to the 0-60 time and drops the electric-only range from 83 miles to 71 miles (22kWh pack). It's a very light car and that's where it gets it's range and performance so adding the REX really has an impact.

From what I've heard, people who get the REX (and a lot do) never even use it. To me, it makes no sense to lug-around a 300lb motor that is there just in case when there are charging stations and electricity out there almost everywhere.

How much is soooo much?

About 1000 miles a week lol

The i3 is no Tesla, but it's a great little car. It's a fun car and I enjoy zipping around in it. I did NOT get the REX. To me, that's a big waste of money and it is for amateurs. I think it costs around $4200 and it adds 300lbs of weight. The extra weight adds about 1-second to the 0-60 time and drops the electric-only range from 83 miles to 71 miles (22kWh pack). It's a very light car and that's where it gets it's range and performance so adding the REX really has an impact.

From what I've heard, people who get the REX (and a lot do) never even use it. To me, it makes no sense to lug-around a 300lb motor that is there just in case when there are charging stations and electricity out there almost everywhere.

See thats what been bugging me to figure out if i wanna do that or not. We need a new car at the office to replace our Fiat and was thinking about a Model 3 but that will be eternity...So the next best thing was an i3 or a Volt.

We do however drive about 100 miles a day around town visiting clients so thats why the REX would make sense.

Eh, I sold all of my toys a few years ago... It's just my Model S and a '14 Accord Sport 6-MT now, though I'll likely dump the Accord this year since Tesla's estimator is showing Oct-Dec. delivery for the Model 3.

I am kinda going through that right now too. Thinking of dumping the aventador at least. I bought it not too long ago. Fun car, lots of attention (could be good or bad), and exotic but I barely have enough time to drive it.

It's been nearly a month I drove it at this point.

The only thing is depreciation on this car won't be nearly as much as any other car. Given that it's depreciation already hit.

Wasn't my plan to hang onto my second car, a BMW 850i, as long as I have, but I can't bring myself to "give it away". Thirteen years later, my gas guzzling 12 cylinder sits right next to my P85. I now own the only two cars that took my breath away the first time I saw them in person. You may notice I like a certain color more than most.
FinePix Archive 256.JPG

Reactions: Petra