TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What should be the TMC homepage?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by deonb, Jun 8, 2017.

?

What should be the TMC homepage?

1. Blog

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Forum

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  1. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

As we know, the Homepage for TMC has recently changed from the Forum to the Blog.

Do people agree with this change?

This vote will give some feedback to the site operators.

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.42

I bookmarked the Watched threads page long ago and use that as my home page. You could do the same with Watch Forums, etc. and bypass the blog.

• Like x 1
  3. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

You probably don't view TMC from > 10 devices like some of us do. But either way, not the point though. Some people probably like directly going to "vendors" or "conference" and those obviously can't be home pages.

This poll has to do with the overall homepage that works best for the majority of people in the majority of scenarios.

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.42

#4 MorrisonHiker, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    I don't have ten devices but do use the same "Watched Threads" bookmark on the half dozen devices that I use. I know a lot of others use similar bookmarks as this method allows them to go directly to the part of the site that they are interested in.

Honestly, I never see the blog since I never go directly to Tesla Motors Club and I didn't know the home page had changed until five days later, when I saw a BLOG icon by one of the threads in a forum that I subscribe to.

5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I don't know how others feel, but for me, since there are already a number of blogs devoted to EVs and Tesla, the reason I come to TMC is to read and participate in this community's very active forums. As such, I'd prefer to have the forums presented as the default for this site. But if it isn't, it's not a big deal since (as others have mentioned) I can just bookmark the forums for direct access.

• Like x 2
  6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Late to this thread but I did the same on my iPhone with a 'save to home page' app creation and always go to the 'start page' I want. Takes two seconds to make on an iPhone or Android.