Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What should I name my cat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a 75 rear wheel drive. Had the calipers painted tho to go better with the arachnids...and had the arachnids powder coated gunmetal grey.
Haha... You fooled me. Well done! I didn't realize they still made 75 in 2017. I just looked it up and I see they made them up until January 2019.

It's beautiful. Will Tessa get to ride in it? Miss Lilly rides in mine. The detailers go nuts trying to get the white fur out of the black rugs.

Last edited:
Haha... You fooled me. Well done! I didn't realize they still made 75 in 2017. I just looked it up and I see they made them up until January 2019.

It's beautiful.

Also de-badged...not that I’m trying to hide it but just think it looks better this way. It’ll be bittersweet when I can take the eyesore red sticker off at the end of next year. Will look better but will miss the lane access.
2C7D803B-2FE6-4A50-A797-D21EAFB72B11.jpeg

Have a soft carrier that would work. How do you handle bathroom breaks on a road trip?
You mean hers or mine? ;)

For hers there's a tiny litter box in the back of the kitty condo. You can see it in the photo. I also put puppy pads on the floor of the condo in case there are any accidents. She's so old now that that is a possibility. If needed, during charging I clean out the litter box and/ or change the puppy pads. I carry the scoop, a little baggie of fresh litter, extra puppy pads and baggies for the used litter.
During my bathroom breaks I leave the car in "dog" mode. Before dog mode I left it "always on".

Maybe you could start a new thread called Taking Pets on Road Trips. I've never been able to figure out how to start new threads...

Last edited:
Personally I favor long names for cats: five or more syllables. That way you can pull out different nicknames depending on your mood or how the cat develops. Aside from paperwork at the vet, you'll probably only use the nickname.

So if I wanted the option of calling a cat "Tessie", I might name her Anna-Theresa or Maria-Theresa.

Whatever you choose, make sure it's something you'd be comfortable yodeling around the neighborhood late at night. For this reason "ratbag" might be a poor choice — depending on your relationship with your neighbors, of course. The cat won't care.

" Elon Straubel von Holzhausen"

Tessalina von Thunderpaw?

I once named a cat Clytemnestra. "Nessie" for short. I always liked Clytemnestra for offing her child-killing husband. He was a real piece of work. Told their daughter to get dressed for her wedding, and then murdered her as a sacrifice to get favorable winds so he could sail off and have a war. After the war, Nessie (the wife, not my cat) put out a red carpet for him, got him settled in a nice hot bath, and stabbed the SOB to death. Those Greeks had some wild stories.

"Stay" . . . she's never gonna come when you call her, so you might as well be in control from the start.
Officially her name is Tessa but nobody calls her that. Usually some variation of:
Hey!
No!
Stop!
Cut it out!
Kitty
Did you fart?

We also have conversations in cat speak. No clue what we’re saying but if I make a trill sound she responds in kind.

But "stay" is a good option...at least it would produce the desired result. Or whatever the equivalent of "move away as I approach you".

This forum is going to the ... cats.
That which we call this creature, by any other name, would smell as used cat litter.
Felonious Infidel Doggious Odiferous aka "Fido".

Cats are clean. Dogs are dirty. A dog is happiest when it's rolling in poo. Cats are smart, dogs are dumb. A dog will do whatever it's told to do. A cat will do what it wants to do. "Why should I do what you want me to do? You'll feed me either way." That's smart.

Cats don't smell like used litter. Cats wash themselves and smell clean. Your house can smell like used litter if you're too lazy to clean the litter box. That's your job, not the cat's. Your cat is not a dog. A dog works for you. You work for your cat. So which one is the smart one? Clean the litter box and your house won't smell.