Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What size rims for Model S? 19, 20, 21?

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went with satin black on the rims and trim blackout. It's hard to tell with the black wheels but I'd say they are dirty as this picture on the way back from the gigafactory event, the whole car was quite dusty and dirty though it hides it well in these photos!

Those look absolutely perfect imo and exactly what I am hoping to get for my black S coming in next week.

Does everyone just sell their 19inch slipstreams? If so, how and how much is going range for them to transition to these?

Thanks fellow Texan :)
I was going to sell my Slipstreams to greatly offset buying other wheels/ tires but they've grown on me and I'll be keeping for winter usage. Now I'm just all over the place still on which application I'm going with.

Looks like you could get $2,000 for them easy. They seem to be sought after and Tesla sells them for $2,500.

I was going to sell my Slipstreams to greatly offset buying other wheels/ tires but they've grown on me and I'll be keeping for winter usage. Now I'm just all over the place still on which application I'm going with.

Looks like you could get $2,000 for them easy. They seem to be sought after and Tesla sells them for $2,500.

And assuming your set up cost $2k or close to that to basically pay for them?

I may do that. I've never sold wheels thigh and sure they are super expensive to ship.

And assuming your set up cost $2k or close to that to basically pay for them?

I may do that. I've never sold wheels thigh and sure they are super expensive to ship.
The 2k would probably offset the wheels and I'd cough up for the tires, unless I act stupid and get some 5k forged wheels. I think I've seen average shipping costs be between 200-300 bucks in the continental US to ship a set of wheels/ tires, but you might have luck with a local buyer too.

From what I've seen and my opinion, gloss black looks a bit displaced unless the tire is really shined up too, whereas matte blends nicely with both a glossed tire or a dry one. I'm just going by pics, granted.
The detailer that I'm getting the powder coating done through is suggesting sticking with at least satin or gloss because he said matte tends to show spots more after it rains. Does anyone know what the dark grey Tesla 21" turbines are coated with? Is it considered gloss?

Here are a couple of pics of my new 20" T-Sportline wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres. Have just been done some country roads, should have taken the photo while they were still clean!

FullSizeRender 9.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ColBatGuano