Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the M3P is to me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m well into retirement and have owned 40+ cars, 33 of which have been Porsches. Raced Porsches for 25 years and currently have two 911’s including a 2023 992 turbo s parked next to my 2023 M3P.
My wife asked me how the Tesla compares to the Porsche? Thought about it and truthfully answered as follows;

I like my Porsche but I like driving my Tesla. Just that simple.

Having owned 33 Porsches and stating "but I like driving my Tesla", I wish your post was longer and more elaborate. Crossing fingers for part 2.

I'm from the "other side of the tracks" - I've owned a handful of mainstream cars, some new, some older, and now own a Model 3 LR. What a world of difference driving the Model 3.

I like driving my Tesla, too. 👍

I’m well into retirement and have owned 40+ cars, 33 of which have been Porsches. Raced Porsches for 25 years and currently have two 911’s including a 2023 992 turbo s parked next to my 2023 M3P.
My wife asked me how the Tesla compares to the Porsche? Thought about it and truthfully answered as follows;

I like my Porsche but I like driving my Tesla. Just that simple.
My SO is 61 and he's very stubborn. I highly doubt he'll love driving my m3p over his 968 but who knows. Test driving next Wednesday and I'm 100% sure he'll never say any car (except another porsche) is better than his baby.

I do think he's a little green with envy that I'm buying a fancy new car (Times are hard for all of us and were it not for the rebates i wouldn't take this on) but he's also thankful because I am entrusting him my wheels off and on.

He still better teach me clutch on his 968. Racing clutches are terrifying so I may rent or borrow a sad little manual just to get used to regular clutches first. I love the model 3, but what that porsche can do on turns ... holy crap...

Anyways congratulations on a very comfortable retirement life :) Not all of us are as privileged but I'm sure you worked your tail off for it.

I don’t know, I can somewhat relate (on a low budget perspective) to what I think the OP was saying. I’ve owned quite a few “European sport sedans”, all with manual transmissions, with gobs spent on tuning, yet the Tesla quickly became my favorite- to everyone’s surprise. Instant, silent power. No mods, no maintenance. No fumes or leaks. Pure fun to drive.