TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What tires come on the stock 19's P85D?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by preilly44, Nov 26, 2014.

1. preilly44

preilly44 Member

Stupid question but I didn't see the answer any where...what tires come on the P85D with the stock 19" rims?

Patrick

2. commasign

commasign Active Member

Michelin Primacy.

3. http.com

http.com Member

Yes, that's what I've been told too...Michelin primacy. Btw commasign....nice configuration on your p85d. I too went with all black interior (seats & alcantara), with a white exterior. Going to likely get the aftermarket t-sportline grey 19" wheels, and sell my stock 19's the first chance I get.

4. commasign

commasign Active Member

Nice. Gonna try painting or powdercoating the Cyclones black.

5. jweinstein

jweinstein Member

What size tires are they? Staggered?

6. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

Tesla says only the 21s are staggered. I bought my P85 from a guy who is ordering a new one. I wanted him to order the stock wheels and swap them with me, but when he spoke to Tesla, they "strongly" suggested he get the new 21s as they are staggered. I called to get the message right and while you can get any wheel tire on the P85D, for maximum performance they suggest the 21s and those ONLY come staggered. So I had to purchase his car and keep the 21s which are now for sale on this website. I prefer the ride of the 19s and have the stock Goodyear Eagles which have over 39k on them and still going strong on my MS 60

7. meltoots

meltoots Member

Primacy™ MXM4 are these the ones?

All weather?

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Yes, those would be the ones. They are all-season tires. I found them barely adequate for ice days when new. I wouldn't use them for winter conditions after they have worn a bit (8/32 or less tread depth).