Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to spend $500 on? tesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite new to tesla and due to an issue during the ordering process I have $500 credit on tesla.com that I have to use.

I'm looking for advice from those that have had the car longer.

I have a M3 SRP with aero's and I have already purchased the following:

All weather mats
Vinyl for center console
I'm using my mobile charger with 14-50 to charge car in garage

I am thinking of the following:
Another mobile charger with 14-50 to leave in the car (Is this ever needed?)
homelink (so expensive, but my garage remote can be flakey)
Wheel caps for when I take off aero's
frunk mat

Thanks

I would get a wall connector, instead of another mobile charger, provided you could get it installed or install it yourself. That allows you to put your mobile connector in the car, if you want to do that. I am also not sure what a "M3 SRP" is. It doesnt fit the acronyms used here...

It "looks" like "Model 3 standard range Performance" which obviously doesnt exist... so whats the "P" ?

Sorry, my bad, I had SRP as Standard Range Plus, but I guess I should have said SR+

I could install a wall connector myself, but for my model, I dont think there is any benefit? The mobile charger is $275 + $35 for 14-50 and wall charger is $500. I guess if I one day upgrade, the wall charger would be good.

Sorry, my bad, I had SRP as Standard Range Plus, but I guess I should have said SR+

I could install a wall connector myself, but for my model, I dont think there is any benefit? The mobile charger is $275 + $35 for 14-50 and wall charger is $500. I guess if I one day upgrade, the wall charger would be good.

But you said you have a $500 credit, and you are "looking for something to spend it on". If you buy the mobile connector, you will end up buying a bunch of other "fluff" like all weather mats, or other stuff there just to "spend" it. The only thing I would suggest other than buying the wall connector would be buying a mobile connector and getting homelink.

My model 3 came with homelink, and I really like it. I like the wall connector I have too, though.

I have a second UMC that stays in the car. I'm not a fan of the HPWC, as it is a Tesla only solution. The 14-50 plug works greats for friends or other EVs.
Having the second UMC means that I have options when I'm out. If I go to the airport, my parking has 120V plugs that require me to use the UMC. If I'm at a hotel with a 120V plug, that's the UMC. If I'm at my Dad's house, that's the UMC.
Sure, I could always unplug the one at the house, but that means I have to remember to do so.

I also got the mats for the trunk, just in case anything leaks or is dirty.

For me personally I think the Wall Connector and keeping the mobile connector in your car would be #1 best use of the credit.
Provided you can install it or get it installed without a major expense.

I would get the 18" wheel kit (I dislike the Aero covers) & HomeLink if the Wall Connector is not of interest to you. Might leave enough for the Frunk Mat or at least would be a nice discount on the Frunk Mat.

To be also different:
If you don't have a wireless charger, the Tesla wireless charger is a nice item and a decent value at $130 or so. Installed it looks like it came with the car.

If you don't have a wireless charger, the Tesla wireless charger is a nice item and a decent value at $130 or so. Installed it looks like it came with the car.

this may be true, but there are so many other options out there that are so much less than the $130 for the wireless charger that tesla offers that i would be hard pressed to justify spending that money there.

For the OP this is free money though and secondly the others that are cheaper I don't think are quite as nice.
The ones that are as nice cost as much.

understood on the free money concept, i'm just saying i would spend the free money on other stuff considering there are wireless alternatives that are far cheaper. spend the free money on something that you can't get elsewhere for $100 less.