Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was your maximum charge rate at a supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New M3 owner here. Took my first trip from NJ to MA. Stopped in RI to charge. 7 out of 8 stalls were empty. First one, dead. Would disconnect after 1 minute, 2nd one I got like 110kw and got super excited. Then it disconnected abruptly without a warning. The other person charging in the MX next to me said she had the same issue and this is her 3rd stall. She was leaving so I took her stall. The max charge rate there was like 67kw. At this point I crossed over like 60-70% so I figured eh whatever. Temps were in the mid 70s.

Today I went to a supercharger here at Cape Cod. I was the only one there, I tried 4 stalls out of 8. So essentially all the chargers. I got like 60kw for about 3-5 minutes and it started dropping off. Temps were in the very low 50s. It went down to like 42kw. I called Tesla they said they don't know why it's going on. They asked me to try a few more stalls but the results were identical.

So the question is do you guys think it's my car or the superchargers I am hitting?

I charged at the Sagamore charger just last week. I don’t think I got more than what you got but I’m not 100% sure. Maybe the max there was around 60kW, similar temps. I was the only one there (it was around 4 am). On my way back home to NJ I stopped at the Darien CT supercharger and got around 115kW. Some superchargers are just slower than others. It seems the more recently installed superchargers have a more consitent high charge rate.

I'm curious to hear if anyone exceeds this charging profile. It depicts 116kW peak, but as with @jtpassat and @TexasEV, there are accounts of a very slightly higher (117-119kW) plateau. This doesn't depict the ramp up during the first few minutes.

But for the taper after ~140 rated miles, I'd like to hear if anyone has charged above the line. Please let us know the conditions (previous battery usage, power, SOC or rated miles, etc).

xHJQiUy.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Graffi
Both times SOC was around 47%.

First charger in East Greenwich was the one where I saw 111kw or so before the charger stopped working and the Sagamore beach, MA was like 67 peak before it dropped to 40s on all stalls.

Reactions: Galve2000