Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was your the most efficient wattage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to clarify, round trip does not eliminate elevation changes, but it does help equalize a bit. Regen is not 100% efficient, I think it's closer to 80%, so you cannot reclaim all that you lost going up. Maybe if the slopes are low and regen doesn't play a role it's close but for big slopes there will still be a difference. For wind, assuming it doesn't change during your round trip, it's eliminated.

For wind, assuming it doesn't change during your round trip, it's eliminated
This is only true for a perfectly head-on wind one way and a perfect tailwind on the way back.
For every side-wind component there is a penalty.

round trip does not eliminate elevation changes, but it does help equalize a bit. Regen is not 100% efficient, I think it's closer to 80%, so you cannot reclaim all that you lost going up.
This is correct but between the excellent regen and the underlying consumption of ~ 200 - 250 Wh/mile the 'flattening effect' of a Tesla driving in hilly/mountain country compared to most other EVS, let alone an ICE, is super impressive.

A few weeks ago I drove up the mountain near me. It is about a 4000 foot elevation change each way and the total drive about 70 miles. I averaged 185 Wh/mile.

Last edited:
Unless you are talking about round trip, as demonstrated by others in this thread, this number is fairly meaningless. People at elevation can get negative usage numbers going down the hill, and if they live in on a mountain / etc, could drive quote some distance doing so. Of course, that all reverses when going back up the hill.

TL ; DR -- roundtrip numbers only to compare.
It is round trip. I sure I would not mention one way trip. Trip to philly and back

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Today I had my best which was 178 wh/ml over a short 54 mile roundtrip with mixed speeds ranging from 30-60mph with the AC on low. When I returned home it only took 37m of range for the trip, I'm impressed!

Reactions: KenC
Just took a trip after having the Unplugged Performance efficiency package installed - front lip & rear spoilers. Plus their anti-sway bars.
LRAWD, stock tires at 45PSI.

3 Drives

Total Miles Driven 228.73

Rated Miles Used 204.29

Efficiency 111.96 %

Time Driven 4 Hours 52 Minutes

kWh Used 47.93 kWh

Wh/Mile 210 Wh

Average Temp 83.37 F

Attached PDF shows route.

Attachments

• Road Trip Salida 2020-07-30.pdf