Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will Tesla do, when FSD has serious accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They can disagree with it all they like. But at the end of the day, the operator behind the wheel is legally responsible for everything the vehicle does.

I don’t know anyone who would waste time on a case suggesting otherwise. But I guess ambulance chasers exist for a reason too.
GM got in big trouble for its faulty ignition switches even though most of the collisions could have been avoided if the drivers just had fast enough reaction times to turn the car back on.

They can disagree with it all they like. But at the end of the day, the operator behind the wheel is legally responsible for everything the vehicle does.

I don’t know anyone who would waste time on a case suggesting otherwise. But I guess ambulance chasers exist for a reason too.
Design defects are a manufactures liability. That's why there are so many recalls on cars. FSD beta flaws would certainly be considered design defects.

Reactions: Matias
FSD doesn’t disable the vehicle. If it did, you would be correct.
FSD can do the worst possible thing at the worst possible time (sort of like GM's ignition switches!). It's possible there will be situations where a jury determines that it wasn't possible for the driver to react in time.
There's also "predictable abuse" liability.

FSD can do the worst possible thing at the worst possible time (sort of like GM's ignition switches!). It's possible there will be situations where a jury determines that it wasn't possible for the driver to react in time.
There's also "predictable abuse" liability.
No it cannot. Because your hands are always on the wheel, ready to take over. Right?