Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the 0-60mph on a P90D with Ludicrous switched off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

The reason for my question is because I have a test drive coming up, and it is sure to be in the P90D, but not the 60D I am looking at.

I know the 0-60mph is 2.8 seconds vs 5.2 seconds, but I want to get a feel for how quick a 5 second 0-60mph is.
At the moment I have a Nissan Leaf, which has a 0-60mph so slow that it is in double digits.... :(

Does anyone know?

Thanks

but I want to get a feel for how quick a 5 second 0-60mph is.
I don't understand what you are expecting in replies to your post. I think the only way to get "a feel" for that is to be in a car while it accelerates to 60mph in about 5 seconds.

Obviously your Nissan Leaf is not going to be able to provide that experience, as you point out. Perhaps you know someone who has a car that can accelerate at that rate and can give you a ride before your Tesla test drive?

If you have never owned a car that can accelerate that quickly I think you will be surprised at just how fast it is. In addition, an EV with the torque of a Tesla -- much more than your Leaf -- makes that acceleration feel much stronger than in an ICE because of the essentially instantaneous full torque of an EV.

The 2.8 0-60 time of the P90D feels...insane. I test drove one. It's almost indescribable. But for real world driving the acceleration of my plain old S85 is plenty. It shocks people who have never been in a Tesla.

Enjoy your test drive, and let us know your reactions to a state-of-the-art EV like a Tesla.

Reactions: nexsuperne101
It's 4.0 seconds for sport mode.

If you want to feel what a 5.2 seconds tesla feels like say for the 70D which is 5.2 seconds, press and hold the Tesla emblem in the top center of the screen. A password prompt will pop up. Enter "performance". Then select 70D from the drop down. You're car will not drive like a 70D.

Since this is a test drive, just ask your sales person and they'll do it. A P90D can simulate other lower performance models.

Reactions: nexsuperne101
@nexsuperne101 Be aware! When I did my 1st and only test drive in a P90D before I got one, I stomped on the accelerator while jumping onto an interstate - like I was used to from my ICE car. I had NEVER experienced acceleration like that before, and a day later, I realized I had given myself a whiplash (neck muscles were really sore). Now, when I give friends that G-force experience, I tell them to place their heads back against the head rest before I hit the accelerator.

I get to the Password screen and enter "performance". Nothing happens, just returns to prior screens. I have seen other reach the model screen. Is this only available on "Ludicrous" models. Mine is a P90D. Thanks for help.

it works on all cars, after you put the password in, press the Tesla logo at the top center, then the choices will appear...
I tried the above -- it just returns to My Tesla Vehicle. I tried OK in the password block, and the Enter Key on the Keyboard. If I understood the sequence -- 1 press and hold the "T", when it beeps, the password screen appears; Enter "performance", then press the "T" again. If that is correct, I don't get the Model Selection, just returns to the regular screen. Confused.

It's 4.0 seconds for sport mode.

If you want to feel what a 5.2 seconds tesla feels like say for the 70D which is 5.2 seconds, press and hold the Tesla emblem in the top center of the screen. A password prompt will pop up. Enter "performance". Then select 70D from the drop down. You're car will not drive like a 70D.

Since this is a test drive, just ask your sales person and they'll do it. A P90D can simulate other lower performance models.

Depends on which version.....don't we have to caveat it by saying that. The way I read the yet again redefined P90D, is that if I order a brand new one today (v4), they are saying 0-60 in 3.0