Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the deal with Tesla service manuals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please someone cobble together a searchable PDF... First car I have not had a FSM for as well.
For my Subaru the FSM was known as the "vacation pics" on the forums. It was pretty funny. I'm sure the service manual will show up once more cars are out of warranty. It seems silly to me that manufacturers try to restrict access to them.

I too have always had the FSM for my cars. I have not seen these available until after the 3 year warranty period.

Access to the Model 3 Manual on the Tesla Service website is the next best thing. The lowest fee is $30 for 1 hour access. You can print out subsections of interest.

• Informative
Reactions: tvad
Hmmmm, reminds me of the day when I could go to the local auto store and buy a "Sam's Repair Manual" for $10 and fix anything in my car by myself. Yes, back in the Fred Flntstone era. :D Those days are gone.
Now you can just download the repair manual off the internet :D
For my Lexus I got a $20 knockoff VCI cable, a copy of the Toyota Techstream software, and I can do everything they do at the dealership. Arguably it's better than it was in the old days because the car tells you what's wrong with it.