TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What's the difference between E-AP and full self driving?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Kwang0429, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Kwang0429

Kwang0429 Member

I still could not figure out the difference, 1 is $5000 and the other is $3000 to add to my current order, doesn't E-AP = self driving ?

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

EAP is the car driving itself in limited circumstances with a driver watching.

FSD is the car driving itself anywhere, at any time, without supervision and can only be ordered as an addition to EAP. (And may not actually be functional for several years.)

3. commasign

commasign Active Member

If the car crashes and the car was in EAP, the driver is at fault. If the car crashes and the car was in FSD, the car is at fault.

• Like x 2
  4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

...only on freeways and divided highways with no cross traffic and a driver is still required to pay attention and be ready to take over as needed.

"Full Self Driving Capability" is described on the S or X configuration page, see Order a Tesla Model S | Tesla

"Enhanced Autopilot" is also described on that page. I think if you read the descriptions of those two options your question will be answered.

• Helpful x 1
  5. nuevodesi

nuevodesi Member

My Buyers remorse (of my MX delivered 3 weeks before Elon's announcement of eAP/AP2.0 HW) was mildly reduced when I read that on Tesla's Order page.

• Like x 1