Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest on All-Seasons for 21"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the actual wheel width on the Uberturbines? I know they are 21" and come with staggered tires stock but I was just wondering, that if the wheel widths are different front and back, would it be ok to put square sizing all around (ie. 265/40/21 front and back)? Would it affect it in any way? I'm just not sure of the correlation between tire sizes and wheel width. I also take delivery of MYP in Dec and living in Chicago, who knows if there will be a blizzard or not when I pick it up so I'm planning out different options prior to delivery (buy AS tires for the Uberturbines (and what tire sizes), buy aftermarket 19" or 20" with aftermarket wheels and AS tires, etc) just in case there is a blizzard on delivery day. The SC near me stated that because there are many MYP coming in in Dec, and there'll probably snow, if I brought in aftermarket wheels and AS tires already assembled, and it's snowing out, they would be willing to swap out the Uberturbines with the aftermarket set AS LONG as I first take delivery of the vehicle with the stock Uberturbines. so that I can drive it home safely.

no idea why an AS alternative is not available... doesnt make sense to only have summer tires...
I just purchased from them!
Does anyone know the actual wheel width on the Uberturbines? I know they are 21" and come with staggered tires stock but I was just wondering, that if the wheel widths are different front and back, would it be ok to put square sizing all around (ie. 265/40/21 front and back)? Would it affect it in any way? I'm just not sure of the correlation between tire sizes and wheel width. I also take delivery of MYP in Dec and living in Chicago, who knows if there will be a blizzard or not when I pick it up so I'm planning out different options prior to delivery (buy AS tires for the Uberturbines (and what tire sizes), buy aftermarket 19" or 20" with aftermarket wheels and AS tires, etc) just in case there is a blizzard on delivery day. The SC near me stated that because there are many MYP coming in in Dec, and there'll probably snow, if I brought in aftermarket wheels and AS tires already assembled, and it's snowing out, they would be willing to swap out the Uberturbines with the aftermarket set AS LONG as I first take delivery of the vehicle with the stock Uberturbines. so that I can drive it home safely.
Front is 9.5 and rear is 10.5 and having a square setup (same tires) will not work. My recommendation would be to get Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - front 265/35/21 and rear 275/35/21. That is the closest OEM size and has no rubbing and doesn’t affect the speedometer. You can purchase from Discount Tire Direct bc Tirerack is sold out of the 275 rears.

Reactions: Rovin
I just purchased from them!

Front is 9.5 and rear is 10.5 and having a square setup (same tires) will not work. My recommendation would be to get Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 - front 265/35/21 and rear 275/35/21. That is the closest OEM size and has no rubbing and doesn’t affect the speedometer. You can purchase from Discount Tire Direct bc Tirerack is sold out of the 275 rears.
Thanks for the reply. One of my concerns is that the MYP is my daily and Chicago roads are always under construction. Plus my daily drive is about 100 mi round trip so I'm worried that the Uberturbines might not be the best at soaking up the pothole , even if I try a 40 aspect ratio. I know just getting AS tires would be the cheapest option vs buying an entire wheel/tire set in 19 or 20" so I'm still debating on what to do. I would prefer to just have AS tire that I can use year round as that is what I did with my '18 Lexus IS350 awd. Plus with my high mileage (approx 30-35k/yr), winter tires wouldn't last long since I heard they have a softer compound. I know I still have time as my delivery date is Dec 11 - 31, but that could be pushed out further from what I've heard on some other forums. So many decisions even before delivery.

no idea why an AS alternative is not available... doesnt make sense to only have summer tires...
Agreed...it was very annoying especially for northeast winter season...i didnt want to change the wheels and downgrade to 20 or 19 inches...kinda stupid and defeats the purpose of MYP....i would rather go with MYLR instead of spending premium for MYP and spending on purchasing wheel and tire set. BTW I love the looks of Uberturbines...differentiates from the MYLR in the crowd.

Thanks for the reply. One of my concerns is that the MYP is my daily and Chicago roads are always under construction. Plus my daily drive is about 100 mi round trip so I'm worried that the Uberturbines might not be the best at soaking up the pothole , even if I try a 40 aspect ratio. I know just getting AS tires would be the cheapest option vs buying an entire wheel/tire set in 19 or 20" so I'm still debating on what to do. I would prefer to just have AS tire that I can use year round as that is what I did with my '18 Lexus IS350 awd. Plus with my high mileage (approx 30-35k/yr), winter tires wouldn't last long since I heard they have a softer compound. I know I still have time as my delivery date is Dec 11 - 31, but that could be pushed out further from what I've heard on some other forums. So many decisions even before delivery.

i would downgrade from 21s if youre in pothole land...